Introduce yourselves Fans!

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introduce yourselves Fans!

Post by Zay on 2012-01-19, 00:04

Hi!
Seeing as there is no need for my meager talents in the Dev team, I would like to throw myself behind them full-force as a fan of Mentaru Shoujo!
Are you also a fan? Maybe this thread can become a place to introduce ourselves and why we are fans of this VN project.

I am Zay, I am a fan of this project because I loved KS and would love to play another game with the same sort of emotional impact... from what crumbs I can gather in the non-Dev sections of this forum it seems that's what they are aiming for.

Here's to the Devs! *raises glass*

-Z
Zay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduce yourselves Fans!

Post by WolfyB on 2012-01-19, 01:31

Hello! Just wanted to reply telling you that us devs say your post and are thrilled to have even one fan so early on! We really appreciate it and hopefully as word gets out of our project you will have even more people on here to discuss with Very Happy
WolfyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Another fan

Post by MrBackpack on 2012-01-19, 01:57

Like Zay, I too am a big fan of Mentau Shoujo with none of my talents needed for the dev team.

I, MrBackpack, am a fan of this project because of the way that KS touched me in places that I thought that I couldn't feel anymore and if there's going to a possibility for another VN, in English, that can do the same then I'm all for it.

Another round for the devs!

*here here*

-MrB

Edit: I guess I should add that I'm a writer and editor, but you definitely don't need more writers and who needs an editor with no written content as of yet?

Last edited by MrBackpack on 2012-01-21, 20:29; edited 1 time in total
MrBackpack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mushi on 2012-01-19, 02:07

TWO FANS? That's more than I've had in my entire life! I don't think I can stress enough how happy I (and the rest of the devs) are to have people interested in our project already! Thanks for the support gents! (And possibly ladies :3)
Mushi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by imperial.standard on 2012-01-19, 03:06

Zay, I wonder what are you enlisting for? If you don't mind being shoehorned into something different maybe I could use some help...
imperial.standard
Admin
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lazerline on 2012-01-20, 03:31

After I finished up KS I saw this thread of Mental Disability on the KS forum. After spending the last few hours reading so many great ideas and passions I became a fan of this idea. Saw the link and quickly joined up.

My persona is lazerline and I am just another fellow being label "disabled." Not even sure what extacly my learning disability; I think language and writing of some sort. Just consider me a minor-case of Rin as well an artist-in-training. My field of expertise? Currently in school with fine art background but I guess I'm a jack of knives. Each knives I have is just a basic foundation of fundamentally different art skills. Examples:

Markmaking, Architecture, Sculpture, Film, Video, Dance, Oil, Watercolour, Printmaking (Silkscreen, Woodblock, Intaglio) and finally Animation. I guess my focus is Animation and a minor in printmaking but who knows? I like to do performance art too.

I would love to contribute this project with my art but to my due to lack of self-confidence, a genuine lack of experience in digital arts (photoshop), and a great deal more in training of drawing all I can do now is stand at awe what this projects will go. So I will watch this development every step of the way.

lazerline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by imperial.standard on 2012-01-20, 03:53

lazerline wrote:Art Stuff

Lazerline, do you have any online access to your portfolio?
imperial.standard
Admin
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastMelody on 2012-01-20, 13:44

I will be joining the fangroup then. ^_^
I look forward to this.

TheLastMelody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mtkl on 2012-01-20, 20:01

Fan #4 here. I was going to apply to be a programmer, but it seems you already have people far far more competent than I would be.

mtkl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by boredism on 2012-01-21, 20:03

Hmm.... I guess this makes me fan #5?
I work with person's with exceptionalities, so I am just curious on how this all turns out...
Please excuse me for typing in political correct but annoying terms, became a habit after working in my field(no, i am not in medicine).

Good luck with your game!

boredism

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lazerline on 2012-01-22, 00:10

imperial.standard wrote:
lazerline wrote:Art Stuff

Lazerline, do you have any online access to your portfolio?

I don't have anything up at the moment. A bit paranoid of uploading any artwork online since I worry about copyright infringement and not being how to watermark my works.

lazerline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamjagman on 2012-01-22, 18:38

Hey, I'm I think... fan #6? I found this by the thread is the KS forums, and I think this project has the potential to turn into something good, but the mental disability part can't be overdone or it will be somewhat... difficult to play. While physical disabilities like in KS don't stop... attraction, mental disabilities can be a different matter entirely unless you know just the right ones to choose (in my opinion). Besides that, I am very enthusiastic about this project.

-jag

iamjagman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamtastrophe on 2012-01-22, 19:03

I suppose then I get fan numero 7! Haha

A wannabe dev of this project, I am Honestly very interested in how this project turns out and where it is going. As having a family member struck with Alzheimer's disease and possibly me as well, I want to contribute to this project as much as I can. I was on the tail end of the KS train, I want to follow this all the way through, so fellow fans lets make sure this goes well! You have my support!

Kamtastrophe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Genero6 on 2012-01-23, 03:27

You can count me in with the fans too. Fan #8? I'm a little unsure about some of the ideas I've seen, but that's just because I'm a cynical bastard and I'm quite interested in seeing how things progress over time.
I suppose I'm another of those 'disabled' folk - been diagnosed with both bi-polar and aspergers, but only relatively recently have gotten recognition and support, which hasn't really helped at all. I'm not as bad off as some people I've met, but being diagnosed late in life has left me curious as to how both the 'normal' and 'disabled' sides of society see each other and cope with life. That's what attracted me to Katawa Shoujo in the first place, so it would be nice if this project goes just as good while being a bit closer to home.
I'd help out too, but I'm completely talentless as these things, so I'll likely just be cheering from the sidelines. And by cheering, I mean watching and remaining silent. But I'll still be here and might even comment once in a while, that counts for something, right?

Genero6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastMelody on 2012-01-23, 08:24

Genero6 wrote:You can count me in with the fans too. Fan #8? I'm a little unsure about some of the ideas I've seen, but that's just because I'm a cynical bastard and I'm quite interested in seeing how things progress over time.
I suppose I'm another of those 'disabled' folk - been diagnosed with both bi-polar and aspergers, but only relatively recently have gotten recognition and support, which hasn't really helped at all. I'm not as bad off as some people I've met, but being diagnosed late in life has left me curious as to how both the 'normal' and 'disabled' sides of society see each other and cope with life. That's what attracted me to Katawa Shoujo in the first place, so it would be nice if this project goes just as good while being a bit closer to home.
I'd help out too, but I'm completely talentless as these things, so I'll likely just be cheering from the sidelines. And by cheering, I mean watching and remaining silent. But I'll still be here and might even comment once in a while, that counts for something, right?
I will be copying this dude.

TheLastMelody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zay on 2012-01-23, 13:59

imperial.standard wrote:Zay, I wonder what are you enlisting for? If you don't mind being shoehorned into something different maybe I could use some help...

Sorry to have disappeared, I had an unexpected power outage for a few days. Back now.
I am just another writer/editor with no portfolio of work to show for it, and you clearly have enough of those! I really have no talent in visual art, so could not really be of use there.
I am absolutely happy to cheer from the sidelines, and bask in the glory of being fan #1.
Maybe, someday, I could be a beta tester... but I know it will be a long time before you get to that point.
Zay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDaftStudent on 2012-01-23, 14:51

We have fans? o.0 I can't believe I didn't notice this. xD
TheDaftStudent
Admin
Community Manager

View user profile https://twitter.com/#!/Crossingframes

Back to top Go down

Post by Hagon on 2012-01-23, 17:40

I am Hagon.

I'm Drawer, writer and sculptor.

I'm french but I can actually understand english very well. (as for writing...huh... judge by yourself)

I call myself a cynical bastard, my humor is always in a gore ways.
Fan of Frankenfran, Saya no uta, and other guro.

Also a big fan of Katawa Shoujo (Somewhat the only thing it can't make jokes about. Only exception for Kenji) Razz

Actually quite a crazy guy, even if I restrain myself in public.

If I must say anything else, just ask.
Hagon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zomglazerz on 2012-01-23, 22:03

Thanks for continuing the spirit of KS! After playing the game through to 100% I was a little crushed to discover that 4 Leaf wouldn't continue on as a team and create more wonderful stories. I may be in the minority here (though I don't think I am) by saying I would have gladly paid for that much content as an independent retail release. So since they're not doing anything further with what they've made I'm thrilled to discover someone out there in the interwebs that will!

I really hope you all follow through with what you've started here. I would be willing to bet there are hundreds like me watching to see what you do! We're all cheering for you!

PS Wolfy, given the project your use of "Insanity Wolf" as an avatar is simply inspired.
zomglazerz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by newnar on 2012-01-26, 10:54

Hi I can write but I don't think you guys need my skills anymore, from what I've read everywhere. I'm just here providing mental support to all those working on Mentaru Shoujo. I'm simply interested in observing the process and the result.

newnar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zay on 2012-01-26, 15:01

Look how many fans you have!

Maybe, since you have so many loyal fans, the Dev team could introduce themselves? Maybe in the sadly empty news section?

That way, we could fan at you specifically, rather than as a general concept!
Zay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QbertEnhanced on 2012-01-26, 15:51

Ha, when things have stabilized a bit. We're still getting things rolling. Once the team's stabilized we'll start interacting more.
Until then, best wishes!
QbertEnhanced
Admin
Programmer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-01-26, 21:28

I like the idea. I came here from KS, having only gotten into that VN a couple of days ago. I'm really sorry I made it here too late to apply for a writer spot, but I'm still excited to see what becomes of this. I wish you guys the best of luck in this endeavor (Well, except maybe a few of the writers Razz )
Waytfm

Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zay on 2012-01-27, 18:17

QbertEnhanced wrote:Ha, when things have stabilized a bit. We're still getting things rolling. Once the team's stabilized we'll start interacting more.
Until then, best wishes!

I see! I shall be patient then.

*sips tea like Lilly*
Zay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Worthington on 2012-01-27, 18:49

You can always join in on these weird battle royale threads Muffin keeps posting.
Worthington
Admin,
Writer

View user profile http://magnesiumninja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-01-27, 19:25

Worthington wrote:You can always join in on these weird battle royale threads Muffin keeps posting.

Those threads always originate from the Dev IRC, which makes me question just what the final VN will be about Razz
Waytfm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kosherbacon on 2012-01-27, 19:46

Eels, raves, and man love.
kosherbacon
Admin,
Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-01-27, 19:57

kosherbacon wrote:Eels, raves, and man love.

O rly nao?
Waytfm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astartus on 2012-01-27, 19:57

And goats. Never forget the goats.
Astartus
Admin
Composer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mtkl on 2012-01-27, 20:03

Waytfm wrote:
Worthington wrote:You can always join in on these weird battle royale threads Muffin keeps posting.

Those threads always originate from the Dev IRC, which makes me question just what the final VN will be about Razz

Rather than rolling a dice to decide quirky and unique characteristics and likes for the girls, they're making us do the hard work and vote for them instead. Without telling us. Until now, since I've figured out this deviant plan.

mtkl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-01-27, 20:07

mtkl wrote:
Waytfm wrote:

Rather than rolling a dice to decide quirky and unique characteristics and likes for the girls, they're making us do the hard work and vote for them instead. Without telling us. Until now, since I've figured out this deviant plan.

Eel.jpg (Too big to actually repost it) O rly nao?
Waytfm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Worthington on 2012-01-27, 20:47

Seeing people speculating lets me do this.
:3
wow that's actually a lot of fun.
Worthington
Admin,
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by kosherbacon on 2012-01-27, 21:07

Shocked Btw, Worth, did you get that link I found about lactose phobia like what Pizza-tan suffers from?

OH WAIT WRONG FORUM.
kosherbacon
Admin,
Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mtkl on 2012-01-27, 21:11

Worthington wrote:Seeing people speculating lets me do this.
:3
wow that's actually a lot of fun.

Should I continue then?

The reason you asked us to choose between lemurs and monkeys is clearly because the school has a zoo, but you couldn't decide what animals should be in the zoo (not as crazy an idea as it sounds, a private school in the area I grew up used to have peacocks, flamingos, wallabies, etc, on their grounds).

The fast food debate is a lot more nuanced though - there are many reasons why you might want to know which food is preferred. Maybe the main character and one of the girls go out to town for a day and have something to eat. Maybe the main character is overweight due to his love for fast food. Maybe you'll have a murder-mystery minigame in which you figure out that the murder 'weapon' was a poisoned [hotdog/burger/whatever]. Or maybe you just need an easy nickname for one of the girls can't be this.

Last edited by mtkl on 2012-01-27, 21:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wow coincidence)

mtkl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astartus on 2012-01-27, 21:21

We don't have easy nicknames for the girls. Our nicknames are really complicated and intricate, like Pizza-Tan, Patchouli-Tan, Candlelight-Tan, Eel-Tan, Sa-Tan, Yeti-Tan, Wan-Tan, Seppuku-Tan, Billy-the-Tan, Pope-Tan, Microprocessor-Tan...
Oh, and one of them is actually a real nickname we use. Have fun speculating.
Astartus
Admin
Composer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-01-27, 21:25

Astartus wrote:We don't have easy nicknames for the girls. Our nicknames are really complicated and intricate, like Pizza-Tan, Patchouli-Tan, Candlelight-Tan, Eel-Tan, Sa-Tan, Yeti-Tan, Wan-Tan, Seppuku-Tan, Billy-the-Tan, Pope-Tan, Microprocessor-Tan...

Oh cruel devs... How can you be so heartless as to throw treasure out with trash for the blind to argue over...

My vote is for Eel-tan Razz Just because I already have an awesome picture for it Razz
Waytfm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zay on 2012-01-28, 01:37

Astartus wrote:We don't have easy nicknames for the girls. Our nicknames are really complicated and intricate, like Pizza-Tan, Patchouli-Tan, Candlelight-Tan, Eel-Tan, Sa-Tan, Yeti-Tan, Wan-Tan, Seppuku-Tan, Billy-the-Tan, Pope-Tan, Microprocessor-Tan...

Patchouli-Tan! PLEASE!

...what? I have a thing for hippie girls, ok?
Zay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-01-28, 04:10

Zay wrote:Patchouli-Tan! PLEASE!

How hippie?
Waytfm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zay on 2012-01-28, 15:29

Waytfm wrote:

How hippie?

Do you mean "how does patchouli = hippie?" Or do you mean "how hippie do you like your girls?"

The first I think is pretty obvious. I've never met anyone who wasn't a hippie who liked to wear patchouli.

For the second... I like girls who can wax poetic about the deliciousness of eating whole and organic foods. I like girls who believe that love and peace should be the natural human state. I like girls who are not ashamed of their own bodies, and so feel no need to change it. I like girls who work on farms. I like girls who have the depth of empathy to oppose suffering, both human and animal, caused by environmental degradation regardless of national borders.

Did that answer your question?
Zay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Worthington on 2012-01-28, 15:52

Zay wrote:
Waytfm wrote:

How hippie?

Do you mean "how does patchouli = hippie?" Or do you mean "how hippie do you like your girls?"

The first I think is pretty obvious. I've never met anyone who wasn't a hippie who liked to wear patchouli.

For the second... I like girls who can wax poetic about the deliciousness of eating whole and organic foods. I like girls who believe that love and peace should be the natural human state. I like girls who are not ashamed of their own bodies, and so feel no need to change it. I like girls who work on farms. I like girls who have the depth of empathy to oppose suffering, both human and animal, caused by environmental degradation regardless of national borders.

We have a hippie(ish) character, but her nickname isn't patchouli-tan. If you can guess what it is, i'll bake you a pie.
Worthington
Admin,
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-01-28, 16:18

Zay wrote:
Waytfm wrote:

How hippie?

It does. I was going to make a joke, but I don't think I can do it after the seriousness of that answer.

Worthington wrote:We have a hippie(ish) character, but her nickname isn't patchouli-tan. If you can guess what it is, i'll bake you a pie.

I can guess what it is. I probably can't guess correctly, but I can guess. Do I still get a pie for that? (My guess is hippi-tan.)
Waytfm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Worthington on 2012-01-28, 17:36

No. I'll give you a clue though.
Spoiler:
Sir Anthony Hopkins
Worthington
Admin,
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-01-28, 17:54

Worthington wrote:No. I'll give you a clue though.
Spoiler:
Sir Anthony Hopkins

Spoiler:
For the love of all things good, don't let this person be a moe Hannibal Lector. Of course it might make for a "you done fucked up" ending if the main character is killed and eaten. It's probably way to morbid to pull of with any mediocum of taste. Anyways, is it Hannibal-tan?
Waytfm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zay on 2012-01-28, 19:33

Waytfm wrote:
It does. I was going to make a joke, but I don't think I can do it after the seriousness of that answer.

Sorry to have ruined your fun!

Worthington wrote:We have a hippie(ish) character, but her nickname isn't patchouli-tan. If you can guess what it is, i'll bake you a pie.

Um... Star-chan? RainbowFlower-tan?
Zay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-01-28, 19:44

Zay wrote:Sorry to have ruined your fun!

Good! You should be! geek

Maybe Woodstock-tan?
Waytfm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zay on 2012-01-28, 22:48

Waytfm wrote:

Maybe Woodstock-tan?

Oooh! I like that one!
Zay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-01-28, 23:29

@Worthington

We can haz Woodstock-tan?
Waytfm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by myshoesarebrown on 2012-01-30, 01:07

I saw the thread for this over on the KS forums and thought it was interesting. I looked over here every now and then, and just now decided to make an account. Figured now was the time to finally do it. Had to do SOMETHING in order to continue putting off a short essay.
myshoesarebrown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-01-30, 02:21

myshoesarebrown wrote:I saw the thread for this over on the KS forums and thought it was interesting. I looked over here every now and then, and just now decided to make an account. Figured now was the time to finally do it. Had to do SOMETHING in order to continue putting off a short essay.

I feel ya man. I've been putting off college essays for a week now Very Happy
Waytfm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mtkl on 2012-01-30, 15:07

Waytfm wrote:
myshoesarebrown wrote:I saw the thread for this over on the KS forums and thought it was interesting. I looked over here every now and then, and just now decided to make an account. Figured now was the time to finally do it. Had to do SOMETHING in order to continue putting off a short essay.

I feel ya man. I've been putting off college essays for a week now Very Happy

>Science subject
>No essays
>Win.

mtkl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next