Introduce yourselves Fans!

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Introduce yourselves Fans!

Post by TheDaftStudent on 2012-02-20, 19:16

Malkav wrote:Well, it looks like this thread could use another newb post, eh?

I go by Malkav. Brownie points go to whomever understands the reference, though I will add the disclaimer that brownie points may not necessarily buy you brownies. But don't let that discourage you from collecting every last brownie point you can. Because each one counts. Really!

As for why I'm here, well... of course, I heard about it on the Katawa Shoujo board. However, the idea of a game revolving around mental illness is also appealing, in of itself. People tend to overlook the importance of a well-functioning mind, thus taking it for granted in games. It's something I've only seen explored in two or three games, ever. And for one of those games, this concept turned what would have otherwise been a mediocre-at-best experience into something that has stuck with me for years.

If the devs here can come even close to combining my favorite elements of Katawa Shoujo and that other game of long ago, I think my following this project until its completion will be well worth it Smile

The Moon. lol!
TheDaftStudent
Admin
Community Manager

View user profile https://twitter.com/#!/Crossingframes

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-20, 19:33

Malkav wrote:Well, it looks like this thread could use another newb post, eh?

I go by Malkav. Brownie points go to whomever understands the reference, though I will add the disclaimer that brownie points may not necessarily buy you brownies. But don't let that discourage you from collecting every last brownie point you can. Because each one counts. Really!

As for why I'm here, well... of course, I heard about it on the Katawa Shoujo board. However, the idea of a game revolving around mental illness is also appealing, in of itself. People tend to overlook the importance of a well-functioning mind, thus taking it for granted in games. It's something I've only seen explored in two or three games, ever. And for one of those games, this concept turned what would have otherwise been a mediocre-at-best experience into something that has stuck with me for years.

If the devs here can come even close to combining my favorite elements of Katawa Shoujo and that other game of long ago, I think my following this project until its completion will be well worth it Smile

I question the viability of the brownie-less brownie point... Suspect
Waytfm

Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malkav on 2012-02-20, 20:17

TheDaftStudent wrote:The Moon. lol!

WRONG. No brownie points for you. Well, maybe not. Let me check something.

... no. No, definitely not. The Moon is most assuredly incorrect. Though The Moon may most certainly have CAUSED the reference to exist. Maybe. But only if it's A Fish!

Waytfm wrote:I question the viability of the brownie-less brownie point... Suspect

Well, I could promise Brownie Points that specifically guarantee Brownies, but what if I were forced to bestow Bagels, instead? Or Cake? Baked goods can be tricky business, after all, and one risks being plunged into a despair of the most crushing magnitude if they aren't warned in advance of the fickleness of baked goods' abundance. Besides, I've seen people throw away jobs/health/significant others for Gamer Scores that don't even translate into so much as a single potato chip in return. Surely, then, by this logic, the ambiguous promise of a chocolaty oven-child should be enough to work the entire internet into a mob-like frenzy of First Crusade proportions? Or is there some further mystique to these 'Points' and 'Achievements' that eludes me...? scratch
Malkav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fierycutlas on 2012-02-20, 21:41

Whats up?

fierycutlas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HeDanny on 2012-02-20, 22:33

Spoiler:
Malkavian Antediluvian? White wolf. World of Darkness.
If that is correct then I thought "the Moon" was a pretty amusing answer. Can I award Brownie points for the chuckle?

Note, I cheated. I googled. I've not had anything to do with that since my High school, Uni years. Even then I was only as involved as much as I needed to be in order to fake it. I did this so my nerds didn't shun me. No one wants to be shunned by nerds. They shun hard. You don't come back whole from a nerd shun.
HeDanny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDaftStudent on 2012-02-20, 22:54

HeDanny wrote:
Spoiler:
If that is correct then I thought "the Moon" was a pretty amusing answer. Can I award Brownie points for the chuckle?

Note, I cheated. I googled. I've not had anything to do with that since my High school, Uni years. Even then I was only as involved as much as I needed to be in order to fake it. I did this so my nerds didn't shun me. No one wants to be shunned by nerds. They shun hard. You don't come back whole from a nerd shun.
Actually, the answer you gave is why I said "the Moon." Razz
TheDaftStudent
Admin
Community Manager

View user profile https://twitter.com/#!/Crossingframes

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-20, 23:08

Malkav wrote:Well, I could promise Brownie Points that specifically guarantee Brownies, but what if I were forced to bestow Bagels, instead? Or Cake? Baked goods can be tricky business, after all, and one risks being plunged into a despair of the most crushing magnitude if they aren't warned in advance of the fickleness of baked goods' abundance. Besides, I've seen people throw away jobs/health/significant others for Gamer Scores that don't even translate into so much as a single potato chip in return. Surely, then, by this logic, the ambiguous promise of a chocolaty oven-child should be enough to work the entire internet into a mob-like frenzy of First Crusade proportions? Or is there some further mystique to these 'Points' and 'Achievements' that eludes me...? scratch

Hmmm. That is a very valid point. Perhaps pastry points would be a better name. It would be an admirable catch-all.
Waytfm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom on 2012-02-21, 06:15

Now we just need a member named "King Albrecht" for you to act hostile towards. The OWoD was too full of crazy...
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malkav on 2012-02-21, 18:56

HeDanny wrote:
Spoiler:

TheDaftStudent wrote:Actually, the answer you gave is why I said "the Moon." Razz

Waytfm wrote:Hmmm. That is a very valid point. Perhaps pastry points would be a better name. It would be an admirable catch-all.

In light of this delightfully squishy evidence and ingenuity, I award each of you a Pastry Point! Also, TheDaftStudent gets an Exp Point on top of that for sparking a very amusing series of moon-related references with his comment Very Happy that poor Lunar body seems to be everyone's favorite thing to explode, for some reason...

Gloom wrote:The OWoD was too full of crazy...

Truer words were never spoken in the history of man.
Malkav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zombiedude101 on 2012-02-22, 15:58

Hello everyone, just another VN lover who has the added bonus of aspergers.
Zombiedude101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-22, 16:51

Zombiedude101 wrote:Hello everyone, just another VN lover who has the added bonus of aspergers.
I approve of your avatar. Where EVER did you find it Razz
Waytfm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zombiedude101 on 2012-02-22, 17:25

Waytfm wrote:
Zombiedude101 wrote:Hello everyone, just another VN lover who has the added bonus of aspergers.
I approve of your avatar. Where EVER did you find it Razz

http://somnovastudios.blogspot.com/2012/02/hello-everyone-on-behalf-of-somnova.html

Gotta love the character I can relate to the most (After all, I've got aspergers and she's described as having characteristics posessed by people with autism/aspergers).
Zombiedude101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastMelody on 2012-02-23, 12:29

So...many...pages...since...last...visit
. . . - - - . . .

TheLastMelody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leotrak on 2012-02-23, 18:29

TheLastMelody wrote:So...many...pages...since...last...visit
. . . - - - . . .
Try being here for your first visit, and stupid enough to want to read everything Razz

Anyway, hi gaiz! KS-forum visitors may or may not remember me, but oh well. I'm Leotrak, resident Dutch fellow (hello, German neighbours), diagnosed PDD-NOS at age 11 (standard procedure to name one's mental mishaps, right?), almost 26 now so I can safely say I've learned to live with this crap... Well, mostly, anyway. Got quite a few friends despite all of it, though most of those happen to have something similar... And are also people I've met during the past 4 or 5 years...

Aaaaaaanyway, you all can blame the Bacon for my presence here, he gave me a link to the blog on my facebook ^_^

And I'd like to take this opportunity to coin a new phrase in his honor...

Kosher Trolling
Leotrak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastMelody on 2012-02-23, 21:24

Leotrak wrote:
. . . - - - . . .
Try being here for your first visit, and stupid enough to want to read everything Razz

Anyway, hi gaiz! KS-forum visitors may or may not remember me, but oh well. I'm Leotrak, resident Dutch fellow (hello, German neighbours), diagnosed PDD-NOS at age 11 (standard procedure to name one's mental mishaps, right?), almost 26 now so I can safely say I've learned to live with this crap... Well, mostly, anyway. Got quite a few friends despite all of it, though most of those happen to have something similar... And are also people I've met during the past 4 or 5 years...

Aaaaaaanyway, you all can blame the Bacon for my presence here, he gave me a link to the blog on my facebook ^_^

Kosher Trolling

Well, I probably would have done the same as you XD

TheLastMelody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Worthington on 2012-02-23, 22:43

Leotrak wrote:
. . . - - - . . .

Kosher Trolling
Do you still writefag? I really enjoyed your stuff back in the days of yore.
Worthington
Admin,
Writer

View user profile http://magnesiumninja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leotrak on 2012-02-24, 05:03

Worthington wrote:Do you still writefag? I really enjoyed your stuff back in the days of yore.
... Maaaaaaybe >_> Nothing KS-related right now, though
Leotrak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarich on 2012-02-26, 04:50

Sup all, My name Zarich. I use it as my internet name, Pen Name and Band Member Name.

Anyway, to properly introduce myself, I am sort of an Oxymoron. An Anti-Christian Metalhead Semi-Conservative Republican in San Francisco, a not-so Eco-Friendly Pagan and Cynic with the knack of making Friends.

I am a Writer, artist, multi-instrumentalist, procratinator, and Glorified-Dreamer with a big Imagination. Atm aive been working on a Fantasy-Romance Book which is on hold due to my second Project. A VN Project that I am working with a friend in Canada. Anyways in that project Im stuck in trying to make a team and learnjng how to spread publicity.

I joined for two reason, 1. i like VNs that try something different, like MS and 2. to observe how a team works, from the view of just someone on the forum. Hope we all get along Smile
Zarich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaketh on 2012-02-26, 08:46

Hello, my name is Jake and I run the subreddit Very Happy

I'm nobody special so feel free to forget my existence tongue
Jaketh

View user profile http://www.reddit.com/r/mentarushoujo

Back to top Go down

Post by imperial.standard on 2012-02-26, 10:49

Jaketh wrote:Hello, my name is Jake and I run the subreddit Very Happy

Ah yes, I recognized your user name when I lurked in reddit! I hope you enjoy your stay here - stay tuned, more updates to come in a day or two :3

For everyone else; WELCOME!
imperial.standard
Admin
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xadier on 2012-02-27, 06:50

Hi there,
Another fan of KS, my partner pointed me in this direction. I'm currently a student with paranoid schizophrenia (was diagnosed at an uncommonly early age with childhood onset SZ) so if you ever want any info on what it's like trying to get through college with it, info on the medications and how they effect you (I'm currently not on medication as I've found ways to try and manage myself) I'm more than happy to help contribute any experiences for a project that sounds like it will be my new favorite VN.

Xadier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by neumanproductions on 2012-02-27, 11:24

Anyone who knows me has probably seen me constantly on the KS forums during the glory days when everyone was there writing fanfiction and making crazy predictions all those years ago, and I quote..."Misha possibly being a lesbian/bisexual; that would be inconceivable."

So here I am all because I remember when Kosher first proposed this concept back on the forums and tried making his case via the fanfic he wrote, hoping that there would always be a competition/rivalry between the two institutions.

But yeah, as for me i'll be sure to be bugging everyone with my speculation and theories on this project as well over the coming months and possibly years, let's see what eveyrone here can do from here considering some of you have already built a relationship over KS for some time. I just ask that I don't get a temp ban like Silent did to me for no apparent reason, that is all. Wink
neumanproductions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yotc on 2012-02-28, 05:18

I actually lurked the KS forums for awhile (like 2 years) before it came out, only signing up recently there when some of the fan fiction started fitting into my skull as slightly canon, despite knowing that nothing after the game comes out is really such. Some background on me is that I've been playing VN's for quite some time. The first one with H scenes I can even ponder remembering is somewhere back in the days of 'True Love' and Princess maker 2, though I don't really count them as VN's.

I was introduced to KS through a patient of mine a few years back right around when act 1 came out. She basically demanded I play it because she knew how heavy of a nerd I really was. Good girl, smart head on her. I'm not a doctor btw. I'm a certified Orthotic and Prosthetic technician/fitter/ I guess assistant too If I ever go take the test and my boss keeps trying to get me to go get my clinical degree. If that didn't make sense go with this: I build legs for people that don't have them and strap them to them as best I can. I'd be more medical about it but when your locking down the hex-bolts on a pyramid that the same 14 year old has knocked loose AGAIN because she insists on running in her K3 multiaxial ankle joints you stop caring about sounding the adamant professional to people you talk about how awesome episode 7 of 'Another' last week. I take flak for that a lot.

Anyways, that's me mostly. Bug me if you have questions, I'm never against discussing shit if it doesn't involve Hipaa violations.

yotc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xadier on 2012-02-28, 06:17

yotc wrote:I actually lurked the KS forums for awhile (like 2 years) before it came out, only signing up recently there when some of the fan fiction started fitting into my skull as slightly canon, despite knowing that nothing after the game comes out is really such. Some background on me is that I've been playing VN's for quite some time. The first one with H scenes I can even ponder remembering is somewhere back in the days of 'True Love' and Princess maker 2, though I don't really count them as VN's.

I was introduced to KS through a patient of mine a few years back right around when act 1 came out. She basically demanded I play it because she knew how heavy of a nerd I really was. Good girl, smart head on her. I'm not a doctor btw. I'm a certified Orthotic and Prosthetic technician/fitter/ I guess assistant too If I ever go take the test and my boss keeps trying to get me to go get my clinical degree. If that didn't make sense go with this: I build legs for people that don't have them and strap them to them as best I can. I'd be more medical about it but when your locking down the hex-bolts on a pyramid that the same 14 year old has knocked loose AGAIN because she insists on running in her K3 multiaxial ankle joints you stop caring about sounding the adamant professional to people you talk about how awesome episode 7 of 'Another' last week. I take flak for that a lot.

Anyways, that's me mostly. Bug me if you have questions, I'm never against discussing shit if it doesn't involve Hipaa violations.

You're not "Nurse-kun" by some odd chance, are you? just ignore me if not, just noticed a few odd similarities.

Xadier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by yotc on 2012-02-28, 07:07

No I'm not, I was very confused when I played Emi's story though. It's like they found me and condensed me and I don't have purple hair or squint that much. I never asked that patient if she was a KS dev or something... probably should have.

Also on a professional note, physical therapists are an entirely different profession. If your dr tells you that you need to go to physical therapy, FUCKING GO TO PHYSICAL THERAPY. Your limb will not fit, if your limb keeps atrophying. It needs muscle to hold onto the socket, even if its a nice battery pumped suction socket(which is really hard to fit onto trans-tibial patients).

yotc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DutchSanta on 2012-02-29, 00:32

I'm pretty new to the scene, didn't even know of the existence of KS until someone posted something about it in my TF2 server's IRC. Curiosity got the better of me, and I learned about this project through KS's subreddit. I've been lurking in the IRC, and this seems like a group of pretty cool cats working on the game.
DutchSanta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leotrak on 2012-02-29, 06:48

>looks here again
>no response from kosher
Leotrak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kosherbacon on 2012-02-29, 10:54

Don't mind me and my plot to get all the demofags from the KS forums here...
kosherbacon
Admin,
Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuraiter on 2012-02-29, 17:08

Cool

(As long as there is a 'sunglasses' emote, you can expect me to use it.)

A Samuraiter is me. I came here from Game FAQs and opted to join after lurking here for a little while. I am a big fan of video games in general and JRPGs in particular, but I also have a long-running interest in VNs. Thoroughly enjoyed KS, decided to post on this forum to show my support for the MS project. I am also a writer, like several people here, so it is quite possible that I will take advantage of the Fan Works sub-forum.

In the interest of disclosure, I am mildly schizotypal, and possibly a member of the Asperger's family. Had a very positive experience in therapy when I was younger, and have a lifelong interest in psychology and sociology, so this game is up my alley.
Samuraiter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastMelody on 2012-02-29, 18:34

Samuraiter wrote:Cool

(As long as there is a 'sunglasses' emote, you can expect me to use it.)

A Samuraiter is me. I came here from Game FAQs and opted to join after lurking here for a little while. I am a big fan of video games in general and JRPGs in particular, but I also have a long-running interest in VNs. Thoroughly enjoyed KS, decided to post on this forum to show my support for the MS project. I am also a writer, like several people here, so it is quite possible that I will take advantage of the Fan Works sub-forum.

In the interest of disclosure, I am mildly schizotypal, and possibly a member of the Asperger's family. Had a very positive experience in therapy when I was younger, and have a lifelong interest in psychology and sociology, so this game is up my alley.
Heeey, yer sure yer not ma' clone?

TheLastMelody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leotrak on 2012-03-01, 04:46

kosherbacon wrote:Don't mind me and my plot to get all the demofags from the KS forums here...
I do not know this phrase O.o
Leotrak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastMelody on 2012-03-01, 10:47

Leotrak wrote:
kosherbacon wrote:Don't mind me and my plot to get all the demofags from the KS forums here...
I do not know this phrase O.o
You are not alone in the dark, comrade.

TheLastMelody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kosherbacon on 2012-03-01, 11:01

demofags are fans who showed up on the forums after the demo release, but before the full release when the feeltards started showing up.
kosherbacon
Admin,
Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by imperial.standard on 2012-03-01, 11:33

kosherbacon wrote:demofags are fans who showed up on the forums after the demo release, but before the full release when the feeltards started showing up.

LOL I am a demofag then - came on November before the full release in Jan. Not a feeltard definitely Razz:P:P
imperial.standard
Admin
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MDV on 2012-03-01, 11:41

I played the demo back in 09, but I still got the feels. Does that make me a demofag or a feelfag?
MDV
Admin
Medical Consultant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by imperial.standard on 2012-03-01, 11:57

MDV wrote:I played the demo back in 09, but I still got the feels. Does that make me a demofag or a feelfag?

You are the first then...

You are a demofeel
imperial.standard
Admin
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malkav on 2012-03-01, 14:26

imperial.standard wrote:
You are the first then...

You are a demofeel

Saw this, read "Dovahkiin", and now the song is stuck in my head for the rest of today.
Malkav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Worthington on 2012-03-01, 17:30

MDV wrote:I played the demo back in 09, but I still got the feels. Does that make me a demofag or a feelfag?
Nah, all demofags got the feelies. But the feeltards are all like "OHMYGOSH THIS GAME IS SO BOOTIFUL, I CAN NEVER PLAY ANOTHER ROUTE/GAME AGAIN" and spam Thank You threads everywhere.
Worthington
Admin,
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hagon on 2012-03-01, 17:50

Malkav wrote:
imperial.standard wrote:
demofeel

Saw this, read "Dovahkiin", and now the song is stuck in my head for the rest of today.
Thanks, now the song is stuck in my head too.

Demofeel, demofeel naal ok zin los vahriin
wah dein vok...
Hagon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Worthington on 2012-03-01, 22:27

Hagon wrote:
Malkav wrote:
imperial.standard wrote:
demofeel

wah dein vok...
What is this? Holy shit! Forged in god's very flames! Do mine eyes, tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game!
Worthington
Admin,
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wren on 2012-03-01, 22:46

Worthington wrote:
Hagon wrote:
Malkav wrote:
imperial.standard wrote:
demofeel

wah dein vok...
What is this? Holy shit! Forged in god's very flames! Do mine eyes, tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game!

Leaving this here...
Wren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastMelody on 2012-03-02, 05:04

Wren wrote:
Worthington wrote:
Hagon wrote:
Malkav wrote:
imperial.standard wrote:
demofeel

wah dein vok...

Leaving this here...
Aha, I get it now, thanks Wren ^_^

TheLastMelody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuraiter on 2012-03-02, 09:55

TheLastMelody wrote:Heeey, yer sure yer not ma' clone?

Perhaps you are a future version of myself? If so, what warnings do you bring me?
Samuraiter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastMelody on 2012-03-02, 10:19

Samuraiter wrote:
TheLastMelody wrote:Heeey, yer sure yer not ma' clone?

Perhaps you are a future version of myself? If so, what warnings do you bring me?
I think its the other way 'round. I think you're the one with warnings to me. ^_^

TheLastMelody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasse on 2012-03-06, 22:41

Good day, I'm another KS demofag here; one of the rare specimens who regard Shizune as their favourite character (which a not negligible number of people would consider a mental disorder in itself, I am sure). I'm a student at the moment, which I intend to be for some years. Can't come up with anything else to say right now as my eyelids are increasingly difficult to keep open and my bed beckons me to come.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorigard on 2012-03-07, 02:51

Having just played through KS over the past 5 days, it appears that I will have to bear the full brunt of being a feelsfag. Not that I mind the title, it shouldn't be an offensive thing at all, seeing as after playing the game, I'm outreaching for more and finding this. It's much too late to be a supporter of KS, but I can still give my support to MS, however the more "seniorfags" as it were around here feel to treat me.

As this is a place for introduction, I might as well introduce myself. I'm a 22 year old college student gone college employee for the foreseeable future. While I did just recently play KS and got the feels, I am as interest in discovering and helping This Project in any way I can to show support for the efforts of these Devs, and my appreciation for the Devs of KS who inspired this project.
Dorigard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Immortal on 2012-03-07, 13:52

I HAVE CROSSED THE DIVIIIIIDE!!!

*cough*

Anyway, I visited on the KS forum as scott1and, but I fancied a wee bit of a change. After all, I only visit the KS forums for the fan fiction now, so something else to look towards would be nice. And this place is new, and it rather took my fancy Very Happy
Mr Immortal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Worthington on 2012-03-07, 13:59

More demofags from the old country! Welcome!

Worthington
Admin,
Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom on 2012-03-07, 14:28

Mr Immortal wrote:I HAVE CROSSED THE DIVIIIIIDE!!!

*cough*

Anyway, I visited on the KS forum as scott1and, but I fancied a wee bit of a change. After all, I only visit the KS forums for the fan fiction now, so something else to look towards would be nice. And this place is new, and it rather took my fancy Very Happy

It's been a while, old friend! How wonderful it is to see you again.

רק עוד כמה שנים ואני לגמרי אוכל להתחיל לעבוד על התרגום הזה.
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Immortal on 2012-03-07, 17:07

Gloom wrote:It's been a while, old friend! How wonderful it is to see you again.

Likewise Very Happy There's more people from KS here than I thought.

Mr Immortal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top