Mental Disorders that Would Work in Mentaru Shoujo

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mental Disorders that Would Work in Mentaru Shoujo

Post by Ms. K on 2012-03-05, 13:51

Just wanted to mention a few that could work but are mostly disorders that effect how you see others :
(you might have to google them to get exact details as what all their effects are I'll just write a simple description for now)

Exploding head syndrome:
random and sometimes frequent noises (mostly before sleeping/can be linked to insomnia)

Irlen Syndrome:
difficulty with reading or seeing bright colure/light (sometimes try to shy away from bright patterns/light and have poor depth and spacial awareness)

Schizotypal:
Belief in what is not classed as social normal (can be anything from magic to imaginary friends or even extreme ideas that do not or can not be explained or seen as real) can also show signs of paranoia, eccentricity and lack of social communication with others.
or similarly...
Derealisation:
The world appears to be unnatural or unrealistic so much so a sense of a physical barrier is felt by the person (some times seen as a fog or glass wall)

Also you mentioned Schizophrenia so I thought you might want to know about Schizophreniform (which is symptom of schizophernia) it can last from 1-6 months and is seen to be genetic (so can be passed down from one family member to another). Chaotic behavior, delusions and dis-organized speech which can be enhanced by stress.

That's just a few I can think of for now that would be interesting to see since they are rarely touched upon.

Ms. K

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasse on 2012-03-06, 21:31

Histrionic personality disorder, anyone? Schizoid personality disorder and OCPD does seem to, at the very least intuitively, be able to offer considerable depth.
Brasse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorigard on 2012-03-07, 02:26

As my first post to this community, I'll start by saying I love the concept behind MS, as much as I loved that behind KS, and I'm only too sad to be so late in the process to be anything but a supporter.

That being said, I feel kind of bad that Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder has been left of the discussion almost entirely.

I'm aware of the stigma that comes with ADHD, that many people feel it is a throw away excuse of a disorder used as a scapegoat to attempt to tether rambunctious children (most noticeably young boys). I realize that ADHD isn't as serious disorder as something like Schizophrenia or Bi-Polar, but it can and does lead to developmental complications, and in some cases, continuous social problems.

I was diagnosed with ADHD at a young age, in the years where it we becoming better known, but not quite a freely given diagnosis. In a sense it is something that has defined who I am as I grew up, and even today I acknowledge it in day to day life.

I realize that all the character concepts have been thought up and nearly finalized, but I would love in some way to be able to add my life experiences to this game, to impart how it (how I) feels with ADHD.
Dorigard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom on 2012-03-07, 11:30

Dorigard wrote:As my first post to this community, I'll start by saying I love the concept behind MS, as much as I loved that behind KS, and I'm only too sad to be so late in the process to be anything but a supporter.

That being said, I feel kind of bad that Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder has been left of the discussion almost entirely.

I'm aware of the stigma that comes with ADHD, that many people feel it is a throw away excuse of a disorder used as a scapegoat to attempt to tether rambunctious children (most noticeably young boys). I realize that ADHD isn't as serious disorder as something like Schizophrenia or Bi-Polar, but it can and does lead to developmental complications, and in some cases, continuous social problems.

I was diagnosed with ADHD at a young age, in the years where it we becoming better known, but not quite a freely given diagnosis. In a sense it is something that has defined who I am as I grew up, and even today I acknowledge it in day to day life.

I realize that all the character concepts have been thought up and nearly finalized, but I would love in some way to be able to add my life experiences to this game, to impart how it (how I) feels with ADHD.

This has been discussed before, with the conclusion that ADHD is just as problematic to handle as any other condition, primarily because there seems to be no consensus on whether it even is.

רק עוד כמה שנים ואני לגמרי אוכל להתחיל לעבוד על התרגום הזה.
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bratwurst on 2012-03-07, 18:14

Gloom wrote:
Dorigard wrote:As my first post to this community, I'll start by saying I love the concept behind MS, as much as I loved that behind KS, and I'm only too sad to be so late in the process to be anything but a supporter.

This has been discussed before, with the conclusion that ADHD is just as problematic to handle as any other condition, primarily because there seems to be no consensus on whether it even is.

I can agree with this.

What most of society thinks of ADHD and ADD is usually like this: "And I was on the beach an- SQUIRELL."

Its more deep and complex, that even I also diagnosed with ADHD can't even describe even half of the symptoms.

If They do add a character with ADHD I do hope they don't make that mistake.
Bratwurst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarich on 2012-03-07, 18:21

Bratwurst wrote:
I can agree with this.

What most of society thinks of ADHD and ADD is usually like this: "And I was on the beach an- SQUIRELL."

Its more deep and complex, that even I also diagnosed with ADHD can't even describe even half of the symptoms.

the thing Aboud ADHD and ADD is that it is too prevalent nowadays. I'm the only peron out of five I hang with activly in classes that doesnt have some form of ADHD. I doubt there really be an ADHD character, but you never know, unless it is like a serious case of it.
Zarich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bratwurst on 2012-03-07, 18:34

Zarich wrote:
Bratwurst wrote:
I can agree with this.

the thing Aboud ADHD and ADD is that it is too prevalent nowadays. I'm the only peron out of five I hang with activly in classes that doesnt have some form of ADHD. I doubt there really be an ADHD character, but you never know, unless it is like a serious case of it.
Indeed, the chance of a character with a Hyperactivity disorder is truely up to the Designers.

But yeah, living with it is odd. Some days you spend in your house just consumed by boredom and other days may have you running around.
Bratwurst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarich on 2012-03-07, 23:05

Also, here are two that would work well. (Sorry if these two were already posted, I'm too lazy to check the backlog of....5 pages.... and I'm in sort of a Rush now). Will Edit if have too.

Cotard's syndrome a.k.a Walking Corpse Syndrome. To Quote Wikipedia "is a rare neuropsychiatric disorder in which people hold a delusional belief that they are dead (either figuratively or literally), do not exist, are putrefying, or have lost their blood or internal organs. In rare instances, it can include delusions of immortality."

Fregoli delusion: "is a rare disorder in which a person holds a delusional belief that different people are in fact a single person who changes appearance or is in disguise."
"A person with the Fregoli delusion can also inaccurately replicate places, objects, and events. This disorder can be explained by "associative nodes." The associative nodes serve as a biological link of information about other people with a particular familiar face (to the patient). This means that any face that is similar to a recognizable face to the patient, the patient will recall that face as the person they know"

EDIT: Looks like I do have some more Free time. Now to put an Example for Walking Corpse Syndrome and why It could work. In some cases of Walking Corpse Syndrome, some people believed that they were in hell. Since they also believe that they are dead they see no need for eating, and so gives them the constant need of monitoring due to the possibility of dying from starvation and gives them the possibly of doing risky things as they believe themselves immortal as they are already dead.

Of a newborn century? - Eppur Si Muove
Zarich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokey on 2012-03-07, 23:14

I actually hinted Fregoli Delusion somewhere a while ago. Whether or not it's in the VN is not known.

Smokey
Admin
Editor
jak oph al hsrāds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarich on 2012-03-07, 23:47

Smokey wrote:I actually hinted Fregoli Delusion somewhere a while ago. Whether or not it's in the VN is not known.

Now that is not fair, using the maybe. Makes one hopeful

Zarich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Worthington on 2012-03-08, 00:41

Zarich wrote:
Smokey wrote:I actually hinted Fregoli Delusion somewhere a while ago. Whether or not it's in the VN is not known.

Did you not have parents?
Maybe = no
Probably = yes
Or at least, that's how it works with parents. We're not parents. We're VN devs. Twisted Evil
As always, if you're interested in a particular disorder and it's probably not in the game, try writing/drawing/whatever about it yourself Smile

Worthington
Admin,
Writer

View user profile http://magnesiumninja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarich on 2012-03-08, 01:33

Worthington wrote:
Zarich wrote:

Did you not have parents?
Maybe = no
Probably = yes
Or at least, that's how it works with parents. We're not parents. We're VN devs. Twisted Evil
As always, if you're interested in a particular disorder and it's probably not in the game, try writing/drawing/whatever about it yourself Smile

Heh, mine are chill. Maybe also meant Yes.

I was interested in the disorders but not enough to be disappointed that it isn't ingame and doing neurological problems at the same time as MS feels like unfair competition

Besides, I'm already working on a VN project of my own and lets just say...at the moment writing about Child Abuse/Comestic Violence and Social Problems/Broken Girls is what fits my fancy when making a VN.

Zarich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top