Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-03, 21:33

I hadn't noticed. Posting, right after waking up from a nap is never a good idea Laughing

Yep, that's it though. My bad gais
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Worthington on 2012-02-03, 23:43

Treasure hunts are fun!
also guys please don't kill and rape me :C
avatar
Worthington
Admin,
Writer

Posts : 399
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 22
Location : Vancouver, Canada (PST)

View user profile http://magnesiumninja.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-03, 23:49

Worthington wrote:Treasure hunts are fun!
also guys please don't kill and rape me :C

Oh, no. You gonna get raped. You gotta purdy mouth there boy.
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Captain Ersatz on 2012-02-04, 02:13

Worthington wrote:Treasure hunts are fun!
also guys please don't kill and rape me :C
It'd be no fun if we killed you. You're an important part of this CREATION and we need at least two wordy people around.
avatar
Captain Ersatz

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 24
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-04, 02:45

CaptainErsatz wrote:
Worthington wrote:Treasure hunts are fun!
also guys please don't kill and rape me :C
It'd be no fun if we killed you. You're an important part of this CREATION and we need at least two wordy people around.

What about the raping?
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Captain Ersatz on 2012-02-04, 03:10

Waytfm wrote:
CaptainErsatz wrote:
Worthington wrote:Treasure hunts are fun!
also guys please don't kill and rape me :C
It'd be no fun if we killed you. You're an important part of this CREATION and we need at least two wordy people around.

What about the raping?
Judgment on rape currently pending, awaiting word from the courts.
avatar
Captain Ersatz

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 24
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-04, 03:12

I don't know how the law works in Canada, but I'm from Arkansas; as long as I say "squeal like a pig" it's cool.
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by MrBackpack on 2012-02-04, 04:22

Waytfm wrote:I don't know how the law works in Canada, but I'm from Arkansas; as long as I say "squeal like a pig" it's cool.

you owe me a new keyboard, I spit soda all over mine after reading that
avatar
MrBackpack

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-01-16
Age : 29
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-04, 04:34

MrBackpack wrote:
Waytfm wrote:I don't know how the law works in Canada, but I'm from Arkansas; as long as I say "squeal like a pig" it's cool.

you owe me a new keyboard, I spit soda all over mine after reading that

Why don't you come down to Arkansas, and we'll see what the law has to say about that Basketball
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Worthington on 2012-02-04, 05:16

*cough*
I have to try and keep this slightly on topic. Get back on the tracks guys.
avatar
Worthington
Admin,
Writer

Posts : 399
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 22
Location : Vancouver, Canada (PST)

View user profile http://magnesiumninja.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-04, 05:28

Worthington wrote:*cough*
I have to try and keep this slightly on topic. Get back on the tracks guys.

Sigh. Okay mom. Rolling Eyes

Razz

Can I put your profile picture up on this thread?
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Smokey on 2012-02-04, 05:48

Boy that artwork sure was good. Mmm...artwork.
avatar
Smokey
Admin
Editor
jak oph al hsrāds

Posts : 239
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 27
Location : Michigan, USA (EST)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Captain Ersatz on 2012-02-04, 06:11

Speaking of art, I'm interested if these are going to be the only characters or only the main cast. Granted, the project is still young and has possibility for being expanded upon but I think it would be interesting to see siblings/parents/extra staff/etc. around in the game.
avatar
Captain Ersatz

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 24
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by mtkl on 2012-02-04, 07:38

On the topic of artwork: anyone notice the similarities between Katja Boehm in these rough initial concept sketches, and imperial.standard's new avatar on the forum?

It's in colour too Very Happy

mtkl

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-04, 07:59

mtkl wrote:On the topic of artwork: anyone notice the similarities between Katja Boehm in these rough initial concept sketches, and imperial.standard's new avatar on the forum?

It's in colour too Very Happy

Yep, they're the one and same Very Happy

I just don't want to put anything in this thread that hasn't been openly released by the dev team. If imperial says it's fine then I will. Same with Worthington's profile picture on Facebook.
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by mtkl on 2012-02-04, 08:15

Waytfm wrote:
mtkl wrote:On the topic of artwork: anyone notice the similarities between Katja Boehm in these rough initial concept sketches, and imperial.standard's new avatar on the forum?

It's in colour too Very Happy

Yep, they're the one and same Very Happy

I just don't want to put anything in this thread that hasn't been openly released by the dev team. If imperial says it's fine then I will. Same with Worthington's profile picture on Facebook.

Well, considering he's openly flaunting his avatar, I assume that's fine (but not the FB pic, since we were 'challenged' to find it).

mtkl

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-04, 20:47

mtkl wrote:Well, considering he's openly flaunting his avatar, I assume that's fine (but not the FB pic, since we were 'challenged' to find it).
If I could get a larger picture, I would. I don't want to put a thumbnail up. Any chance of us getting a larger version of your avatar imperial?
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Smokey on 2012-02-04, 21:00

Waytfm wrote:
mtkl wrote:Well, considering he's openly flaunting his avatar, I assume that's fine (but not the FB pic, since we were 'challenged' to find it).
If I could get a larger picture, I would. I don't want to put a thumbnail up. Any chance of us getting a larger version of your avatar imperial?
Something you guys will have to wait for, if we decide to release it with other stuff.
avatar
Smokey
Admin
Editor
jak oph al hsrāds

Posts : 239
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 27
Location : Michigan, USA (EST)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-04, 21:07

Smokey wrote:
Waytfm wrote:
mtkl wrote:Well, considering he's openly flaunting his avatar, I assume that's fine (but not the FB pic, since we were 'challenged' to find it).
If I could get a larger picture, I would. I don't want to put a thumbnail up. Any chance of us getting a larger version of your avatar imperial?
Something you guys will have to wait for, if we decide to release it with other stuff.

So cruel Crying or Very sad
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by imperial.standard on 2012-02-04, 23:50

As said by others. Just wait - for a few more days, K? more materials will be released and we have enthusiastic artists on board who will release timely updates on artwork - at the moment all artworks are not final though.
avatar
imperial.standard
Admin
Artist

Posts : 650
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 35
Location : Jakarta, Indonesia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-05, 00:00

imperial.standard wrote:As said by others. Just wait - for a few more days, K? more materials will be released and we have enthusiastic artists on board who will release timely updates on artwork - at the moment all artworks are not final though.

I will await with bated breath.
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by MrBackpack on 2012-02-05, 02:20

imperial.standard wrote:As said by others. Just wait - for a few more days, K? more materials will be released and we have enthusiastic artists on board who will release timely updates on artwork - at the moment all artworks are not final though.

I love your avatar.

There's a story to that face, a heartbreaking and sorrowful story with a similar quality and potential as anything from Katawa Shoujo.

I love you

EDIT: she's embarrassed or ashamed of something, with a dark emotion lurking in her eyes, she's ashamed of her past; not to mention the story behind the eyepatch. Her expression speaks volumes in a manner that, to me, shows that she's fighting back tears. So powerful.
avatar
MrBackpack

Posts : 33
Join date : 2012-01-16
Age : 29
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Captain Ersatz on 2012-02-05, 06:25

Random thought but I think we should keep the Freud expy. Just my personal opinion but I think it's a nice shout out and it works as good joke potential as well as the starting point for a good character.
avatar
Captain Ersatz

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 24
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-05, 06:45

As long as it fits in the story, I think it should definitely be kept.
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Gloom on 2012-02-05, 13:52

CaptainErsatz wrote:Random thought but I think we should keep the Freud expy. Just my personal opinion but I think it's a nice shout out and it works as good joke potential as well as the starting point for a good character.

Make sure to lampshade it constantly if he stays. Like, on the first time the MC sees him he'd be like "HOLY F- is that Sigmund Freud? This guy looks just like Sigmund Freud. This guy is creeply Freudlike." Or maybe at some point you go to his office and he greets you with "Why don't you tell me a little about your mother?", and starts laughing when he sees the expression on the MC's face.
avatar
Gloom

Posts : 94
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 24
Location : Israel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by encrypted12345 on 2012-02-05, 13:59

Gloom wrote:
CaptainErsatz wrote:Random thought but I think we should keep the Freud expy. Just my personal opinion but I think it's a nice shout out and it works as good joke potential as well as the starting point for a good character.

Make sure to lampshade it constantly if he stays. Like, on the first time the MC sees him he'd be like "HOLY F- is that Sigmund Freud? This guy looks just like Sigmund Freud. This guy is creeply Freudlike." Or maybe at some point you go to his office and he greets you with "Why don't you tell me a little about your mother?", and starts laughing when he sees the expression on the MC's face.

That's what I was thinking. He could work as comic relief sometimes while being used for serious moments at other times. A jolly old man who cares for his patients.

encrypted12345

Posts : 22
Join date : 2012-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by imperial.standard on 2012-02-05, 14:29

encrypted12345 wrote:
That's what I was thinking. He could work as comic relief sometimes while being used for serious moments at other times. A jolly old man who cares for his patients.

I'm afraid, you will be disappointed of your expectations Wink
avatar
imperial.standard
Admin
Artist

Posts : 650
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 35
Location : Jakarta, Indonesia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-05, 16:13

Yeah, according to the KS thread (Which means this is really old information), the Freud expy is the main cockblock of the story. Don't know if that still holds true though.
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by myshoesarebrown on 2012-02-05, 16:26

Waytfm wrote:Yeah, according to the KS thread (Which means this is really old information), the Freud expy is the main cockblock of the story. Don't know if that still holds true though.

Shut up and take my money.
avatar
myshoesarebrown

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-05, 16:35

myshoesarebrown wrote:Shut up and take my money.
Laughing
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pleasing to the eye!

Post by YOBA on 2012-02-05, 21:14

This looks brilliant! The art style seems like cookie-cutter anime to me but that is by no means a bad thing. Also, note that most of this stuff looks exactly the same to me because I'm the quintessential anti-weaboo anyway. Also, the inclusion of Freud was awesome. Very Happy

Here are a few negative points I'd like to make:

  • What's with the military uniforms? Is this from a different era? In most European countries, impersonating an officer in the armed forces is illegal as far as I know...
  • In what era does this take place? I couldn't help but notice "von Luxembourg" and Freud. But perhaps you should substitute von Luxembourg with something slightly more controversial, like the utterly insane, at times, Radziwill family! They certainly had their share of weirdos, even in modern times. It would be nice pingback to history and not obvious defamation. Smile
  • The girls are too pretty. They should be grimacing and things like that. Alternatively, they could moan about how their physical assets were practically of no use to them (but the protagonist may disagree, depending on how much of a pervert he is) because of their mental corruption.


I await the team's response! Also, shout out to the Bernd from the Netherlands working with you! We can beat 4chan together, /int/ is pure love after all! Cool

YOBA

Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by VacuityMechanica on 2012-02-05, 21:32

YOBA wrote:What's with the military uniforms? Is this from a different era? In most European countries, impersonating an officer in the armed forces is illegal as far as I know...
Guard uniforms, early sketch.

YOBA wrote:In what era does this take place?
Modern day.

YOBA wrote:The girls are too pretty. They should be grimacing and things like that. Alternatively, they could moan about how their physical assets were practically of no use to them (but the protagonist may disagree, depending on how much of a pervert he is) because of their mental corruption.
Cute schoolgirls aren't a rare thing (I say realizing how dirty that is), and a mental disability doesn't always make you grimace all the time. Mental disabilities aren't something that occur over night, and many people have had their whole lives to deal with any ill feelings they have, provided they have ill feelings in the first place. Having all the girls moping around and grimacing all the time would not only be unrealistic, but it would also pigeon hole them as more-or-less the same person to begin with.

And corruption is a harsh word.
avatar
VacuityMechanica
Admin
Editor

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-01-16
Age : 27
Location : Australia

View user profile http://vacuitymechanica.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-05, 21:40

YOBA wrote:This looks brilliant! The art style seems like cookie-cutter anime to me but that is by no means a bad thing. Also, note that most of this stuff looks exactly the same to me because I'm the quintessential anti-weaboo anyway. Also, the inclusion of Freud was awesome. Very Happy

Here are a few negative points I'd like to make:

  • What's with the military uniforms? Is this from a different era? In most European countries, impersonating an officer in the armed forces is illegal as far as I know...
  • In what era does this take place? I couldn't help but notice "von Luxembourg" and Freud. But perhaps you should substitute von Luxembourg with something slightly more controversial, like the utterly insane, at times, Radziwill family! They certainly had their share of weirdos, even in modern times. It would be nice pingback to history and not obvious defamation. Smile
  • The girls are too pretty. They should be grimacing and things like that. Alternatively, they could moan about how their physical assets were practically of no use to them (but the protagonist may disagree, depending on how much of a pervert he is) because of their mental corruption.


I await the team's response! Also, shout out to the Bernd from the Netherlands working with you! We can beat 4chan together, /int/ is pure love after all! Cool

Just keep in mind the art shown is old. Much of this has probably been changed.

The military uniforms might be outdated as far as design goes. This was just early concept art, and I don't know if they will even be used. I think they were meant to serve more as guards, which is understandable given the setting. Personally, I agree, albeit for different reasons. If there are guards that make an appearance, they probably shouldn't be dressed up in military garb; considering this is obviously taking place in a setting full of people with mental disabilities.

As for the girls being too pretty, I think that's mostly due to the style of art and genre. It's a romantic VN, so it's going to be drawn in anime style, which isn't exactly well-known for realistic portrayal of characters. In this genre, ugly (or even average) looking characters, especially main characters, is practically unheard of (i.e. no examples come to mind). Take Hanako from KS for example. She was a character based on the idea of a horrible disfiguration, and yet, she was drawn beautifully, not as a burn victim. Google "burn victims" and see for yourself. Actual disfigured characters simply don't work in this art style or genre. So Hanako's disfiguration comes through in the story, with how people react to her, but not through the art work, due to limitations with the art style.

It would be an interesting experiment to see a romantic novel, VN, or movie with ugly, or even realistically average, characters, but I simply don't think it would work though. Humanity is sadly shallow in this regard. Neutral

Anime style art is about idealized portrayals, not realism or capturing defects.
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Captain Ersatz on 2012-02-05, 23:48

encrypted12345 wrote:
Gloom wrote:
CaptainErsatz wrote:Random thought but I think we should keep the Freud expy. Just my personal opinion but I think it's a nice shout out and it works as good joke potential as well as the starting point for a good character.

Make sure to lampshade it constantly if he stays. Like, on the first time the MC sees him he'd be like "HOLY F- is that Sigmund Freud? This guy looks just like Sigmund Freud. This guy is creeply Freudlike." Or maybe at some point you go to his office and he greets you with "Why don't you tell me a little about your mother?", and starts laughing when he sees the expression on the MC's face.

That's what I was thinking. He could work as comic relief sometimes while being used for serious moments at other times. A jolly old man who cares for his patients.
I like both of these ideas and I think it still fits if he's the main cockblock of the story because I imagine he could also sort of act as a father figure to his patients, at least in his mind.
avatar
Captain Ersatz

Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-02-02
Age : 24
Location : Washington

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-06, 00:10

Gloom wrote:Make sure to lampshade it constantly if he stays. Like, on the first time the MC sees him he'd be like "HOLY F- is that Sigmund Freud? This guy looks just like Sigmund Freud. This guy is creeply Freudlike." Or maybe at some point you go to his office and he greets you with "Why don't you tell me a little about your mother?", and starts laughing when he sees the expression on the MC's face.

Freud: Why don't you tell me about your mother?

MC: No, why don't you tell me about your mother. *licks lips* Cool
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by TheLastMelody on 2012-02-06, 06:42

Waytfm wrote:Having not been on the KS forums all that much, I missed out on some concept art that was posted there. I kinda like to start a thread with all the official concept art that has been released. This way they can be seen by anybody checking this website out. If the Devs have a problem with that feel free to take it down, but until then; here's some Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art.

EDIT: Try to keep quoting images to a minimum. Only quote the ones you're interested in if you quote at all. Certainly don't quote the entire post. Thanks.

Uniform Concepts


Some Supporting Cast


From left to right;
- Siegfriend Schultz Faber - the school's counselor and in-house psychiatrist
- Ben Bosworth - the school's principal
- Edna Claes - the school's uptight Math teacher and math olympics trainer


Nantes Goshen - Mild Schizophrenia, proposed main character


Katja Böhm - severe depression / suicidal


Louise von Habsburg (Agatha Schneider) - head injury / behavioral / change delusional


Katja Belova - Bipolar disorder / Minor Kleptomaniac (characterization by Worthington)


Hanagawa Sumire - PTSD / Unprovoked panic attack

I know we were supposed to keep the pics to a minimum when quoting this post, but I like all of thos, so that gives me legitimate reason for posting it all.
GOOOOOooooo....
Me wants to plaay dis. Very Happy bounce

Waytfm wrote:
Gloom wrote:Make sure to lampshade it constantly if he stays. Like, on the first time the MC sees him he'd be like "HOLY F- is that Sigmund Freud? This guy looks just like Sigmund Freud. This guy is creeply Freudlike." Or maybe at some point you go to his office and he greets you with "Why don't you tell me a little about your mother?", and starts laughing when he sees the expression on the MC's face.

Freud: Why don't you tell me about your mother?

MC: No, why don't you tell me about your mother. *licks lips* Cool

Yeaaa riight, your "mother"

Worthington wrote:If you guys can find me on facebook, there's a picture of one of the girls in the game. Colours and everything.
Have fun Cool

Damn you Worth, I have been going at this for 1 1/2 hours now and I'm getting a headache. Why is there no search function anywhere that shows all the people whom were born in 1995 in Vancouver, Canada????
Damn you search engines. Evil or Very Mad

EDIT:
Worth, you shall face my revenge in one way or another(if I can remember it), since r*** is not allowed I think I will have to make do with a little bit of small "accidents" Twisted Evil
And maybe a bit of mindfucking(if I can find the right buttons)

TheLastMelody

Posts : 143
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : The Binary Field of Ar Tonelico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by gunlocksp on 2012-02-06, 09:30

So... is the above art finalized or are we allowed to make improvements on it?
avatar
gunlocksp

Posts : 2
Join date : 2012-02-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by VacuityMechanica on 2012-02-06, 09:52

gunlocksp wrote:So... is the above art finalized or are we allowed to make improvements on it?
No, it's concept art only. We're only two-three weeks into the project, remember.

We are recruiting artists as we type, actually.
avatar
VacuityMechanica
Admin
Editor

Posts : 116
Join date : 2012-01-16
Age : 27
Location : Australia

View user profile http://vacuitymechanica.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Althamus on 2012-02-12, 17:30

Um, slight point of concern.

As much as Brian Blessed as a headmaster would be awesome, if you're pulling parts of his brashness and loudness from IRL into his persona, is that sensible in a school with a reasonably high proportion of mentally fragile people?

Althamus

Posts : 4
Join date : 2012-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by imperial.standard on 2012-02-12, 21:16

That, quite simply, a is a question that will be answered once the game has come out Smile
avatar
imperial.standard
Admin
Artist

Posts : 650
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 35
Location : Jakarta, Indonesia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Althamus on 2012-02-12, 23:25

I was more concerned about it being a planning flaw, but if you've already considered it I'll trust your judgement Smile

Althamus

Posts : 4
Join date : 2012-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Worthington on 2012-02-13, 02:07

Althamus wrote:Um, slight point of concern.

As much as Brian Blessed as a headmaster would be awesome, if you're pulling parts of his brashness and loudness from IRL into his persona, is that sensible in a school with a reasonably high proportion of mentally fragile people?
As ever, we treat everything with care. As I assume the headmaster of the school would have too as well, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten the job.
avatar
Worthington
Admin,
Writer

Posts : 399
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 22
Location : Vancouver, Canada (PST)

View user profile http://magnesiumninja.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Xyvilo on 2012-02-13, 21:16

Great concepts.

Keep up the good work, people~
avatar
Xyvilo

Posts : 4
Join date : 2012-02-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-14, 11:50

Added the pic from the blog to the second post
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My thoughts

Post by anon on 2012-02-15, 16:12

Firstly, I love your character designs. They all look great, especially the Sigmund Freud. And when this game comes out, I will absolutely play it. ^__^

I think your game has great potential and I want you all to succeed. However (and I say this trying to sound as polite and courteous as possible), I think you guys are going in the wrong direction. A school for the mentally disabled really does sound like mimicking KS. I am not sure how things are done in Vienna, but over in New York you can admit yourself to a clinic for a minimum of 5 days and a maximum of 30, and they have half-way-like homes for people who have similar illnesses. A school sounds a bit too farfetched. Why not keep the setting a little more simple, like a clinic or a home for those suffering from mental conditions?

The movie “It’s Kind of a Funny Story” shows a perfect example of relating to people who have mental problems. This movie may be a great resource for you.

Also, Katawa Shoujo had girls that had serious disabilities but intact mentalities so the audience could relate to them. Severe mental disorders are, by nature, incomprehensible for the mentally healthy. I took many courses in psychology when in college and I think you are asking for disaster if one of your characters has schizophrenia. That illness prevents people from having normal emotional responses and causes strange behavior in social situations. That would make it really, really hard for the player to connect to a character with that illness. Depression, mild OCD, phobias, PTSD…aliments that can be cured or managed in the long run are easier to go with because people can relate to them more.

Just wanted to say that and bum out. Good luck with your games guys. C=

anon
Guest


Back to top Go down

Official Character Designs!!!

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-20, 18:06

Official Character designs/bios are on the blog! I've added the character art to the second post and put the pictures in spoiler tags for easier load times. If you haven't checked out the blog, DO IT NAO!!!
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Zombiedude101 on 2012-02-26, 17:33

So what's with the gate guards, are the students not allowed to leave the school or something? Also I noticed that the Warden seemed to have a baton clipped to his belt.
avatar
Zombiedude101

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Waytfm on 2012-02-26, 19:15

Zombiedude101 wrote:So what's with the gate guards, are the students not allowed to leave the school or something? Also I noticed that the Warden seemed to have a baton clipped to his belt.

The gate guards are from an very old version of concept art. Considering such a school would likely have students who shouldn't be outside unsupervised, there would likely be some sort of security in place to keep students from sneaking out.

The baton appears to be a saber actually. I think that's just from the "ceremonial uniform" aspect of the guard uniforms. I doubt there would be anyone with a saber in the final product. Just keep in mind that the concept art we have now (with the exception of Isolda's art) is all very old and doesn't necessarily reflect what is currently in the project.
avatar
Waytfm

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-01-26
Age : 23
Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by kosherbacon on 2012-02-26, 19:41



I'll just leave this here.
avatar
kosherbacon
Admin,
Writer

Posts : 270
Join date : 2012-01-16
Age : 33
Location : /k/alifornia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by slappetystick on 2012-02-26, 20:00

kosherbacon wrote:<snip>

I'll just leave this here.

avatar
slappetystick

Posts : 16
Join date : 2012-01-16
Location : Southern California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mentaru Shoujo Concept Art Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum