Question to the writers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question to the writers

Post by ness on 2012-02-27, 17:26

I was wondering in how the writers were inquiring information on particular disorders?
General public reactions to mental disorders that are on the extreme end such as schizophrenia, seem to also have an extreme misunderstanding from the public.
Are you reading books that a patient would want to read themselves?
Are you asking people with the disorders?

ness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question to the writers

Post by MDV on 2012-02-27, 17:30

We've got medical consultants on the team. They're professionals who know how disorders work, they work together with the writers. I'm also on the medical team, not because of my medical expertise, but because I've been in a special school for six years myself. The writers are helped by the medical team's experience and knowledge.
MDV
Admin
Medical Consultant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ness on 2012-02-27, 17:47

MDV wrote:We've got medical consultants on the team. They're professionals who know how disorders work, they work together with the writers. I'm also on the medical team, not because of my medical expertise, but because I've been in a special school for six years myself. The writers are helped by the medical team's experience and knowledge.
now are you working to shine light on the disorders? Or show how people deal with them?
Also thanks for the response!

ness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDaftStudent on 2012-02-27, 17:56

ness wrote:now are you working to shine light on the disorders? Or show how people deal with them?

Think of it more as us trying to show that everyone is the same at a base level. We all want to be accepted and to be thought of as equals. That on one level or another we are all capable of an emotional connection with another person, and on one level or another we crave it. That's kind of a "round the bush" kind of way of answering, but I guess it could just as easily be said that we're trying to break stereotypes as well and maybe even break a few misconceptions. - Which would wholly be my take on it.

Last edited by TheDaftStudent on 2012-02-27, 18:21; edited 1 time in total
TheDaftStudent
Admin
Community Manager

View user profile https://twitter.com/#!/Crossingframes

Back to top Go down

Post by MDV on 2012-02-27, 18:08

ness wrote:
MDV wrote:We've got medical consultants on the team. They're professionals who know how disorders work, they work together with the writers. I'm also on the medical team, not because of my medical expertise, but because I've been in a special school for six years myself. The writers are helped by the medical team's experience and knowledge.
now are you working to shine light on the disorders? Or show how people deal with them?
Well, I can only speak for myself, but I feel like it's my goal to portray the setting and disorders in a nearly realistic and correct way. What I want to prevent is making a visual novel about mentally disabled girls in a special shool, who actually behave like normal girls in a normal school. It would be great if we could make MS into something people could relate to.
I'm all for breaking stereotypes and misconceptions, but I also feel like mental disabilty is a real thing and it would be worse to portray mentally disabled people as perfectly normal and disabled in-name-only than to confirm some true stereotypes.
MDV
Admin
Medical Consultant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Worthington on 2012-02-28, 01:19

Everyone has a different reason for writing. Most of us have strong connections to these disorders, and simply want to tell a story, show what these people are like; both humanize them and portray the reality. We're just trying to do the best we possibly can, but like all art, most of us don't know why.
Worthington
Admin,
Writer

View user profile http://magnesiumninja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top