Writer looking to see if he can help out.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Writer looking to see if he can help out.

Post by zalecot on 2012-03-03, 02:52

It seems that I missed the rush to become a part of the team, but despite that I would love to help this become a complete VN in any way I can. I only heard about KS a few months ago but have loved the story (Hanako is my personal favorite) and thoroughly enjoyed the game (to the point that I forced myself to get 100% completion). I am a writer by trade. My first novel has just been picked up by TOR publishing and will be coming out in the next year (or so if legal issues can be hammered out) nationwide, so at least someone things I'm worth wasting money on.

I have experience over many genres including: Fantasy, Mystery, Sci-fi, Romance, and Horror. I've won a few competitions for my writing and have had short stories published every so often.

Ok, enough of credentials, it's starting to make me sound like a jerk. I have a great passion for writing and know I will work hard on anything the team gives me to work on. On average I write for 2-3 hours a night anyway on my own projects, so simply shifting my workload to be half personal projects and half this should not be a problem. If that isn't enough time to maintain my duties to the team I would not be opposed to suspending my personal projects for the time being and devoting my time to the group instead.

It also might be an asset that I myself have a form of mental disorder, I have aspergers syndrome, so it could give me some form of insight.

Anyway I just want to say that I am willing to take on any job, from a full time writing of a path to simply doing the literary equivalent of fetching coffee and doughnuts. I'm happy that you have taken the time to read this.

EDIT: If anyone would like a sample of my writing I would be happy to provide it.

zalecot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Writer looking to see if he can help out.

Post by kosherbacon on 2012-03-03, 03:21

Sorry, bud, we're all filled up. Neutral If something comes up for writing or editing, we'll reopen the recruitment forum and you could post a sample there when the time comes.

Stick around, the community here is a nice place!
kosherbacon
Admin,
Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zalecot on 2012-03-03, 03:32

That's fine, that was actually the answer I was expecting. I will stay around and see if anything comes up though.

Haha, this might be a good thing for me, because my agent has given me a two month deadline to get the first draft of book two of the trilogy done. My nose is going to be very close to the grind wheel.

I really hope this project pans out, and I will do anything (including supply funds if that becomes a necessity) to see it reach fruition.

zalecot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarich on 2012-03-03, 04:55

Picked up by TOR? Nice, what is the book called? Im a huge TOR fanatic so good chance even if i dont know the name Ill probably pick it up. Ive been writing a book myself so I may have to squeeze some info out of you. ;p (even if i havent touched it on month due to my going full time with my VN project)
Zarich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Worthington on 2012-03-03, 13:47

If we need more writers at some point, we may or may not open up the dev recruitment forums again. Those things can get crowded pretty quick. We might, instead, invite a few known forum-goers whose writing we like to try out what we call a "test write" (A short sample piece with one of the characters). I've kind of got a little list already. If you want to try getting on the list, I suggest writing Fan Works, easiest way to nab attention Very Happy
Worthington
Admin,
Writer

View user profile http://magnesiumninja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by imperial.standard on 2012-03-03, 13:59

Worthington wrote:We might, instead, invite a few known forum-goers whose writing we like to try out what we call a "test write" (A short sample piece with one of the characters). I've kind of got a little list already. If you want to try getting on the list, I suggest writing Fan Works, easiest way to nab attention Very Happy

Bold added for emphasis.

So folks, what are you waiting for?

wink, wink, nudge, nudge Wink
imperial.standard
Admin
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrBackpack on 2012-03-04, 02:01

imperial.standard wrote:
Worthington wrote:We might, instead, invite a few known forum-goers whose writing we like to try out what we call a "test write" (A short sample piece with one of the characters). I've kind of got a little list already. If you want to try getting on the list, I suggest writing Fan Works, easiest way to nab attention Very Happy

Bold added for emphasis.

So folks, what are you waiting for?

wink, wink, nudge, nudge Wink

damn... if only I wasn't working on another project that required so much of my time
MrBackpack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuraiter on 2012-03-05, 09:58

*chuckles*

Welcome to the forum, Z. Also: Welcome to the Mentaru Shoujo Back-Up Writers Corps ™, of which I suspect there are quite a few members.
Samuraiter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top