If you would write your own VN...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: If you would write your own VN...

Post by Al Capwned on 2012-03-15, 19:08

HeDanny wrote:
VNs need more animation. I'm not talking about full on constant anime cut scenes or anything. I like the way most VNs work now, with backgrounds and sprites. I'd just really like to see more small movements in those ingredients. Trees that sway. People turning the page of a book. Lights coming on and going off. Just small little accents that try to diminish the paper doll syndrome. This especially goes for sprite transitions, which in most VNs is non-existant.

That would be cool to see in a VN, however it might distract one from reading (I have spastic peripheral vision from playing too many FPS's) unless the text is located in a different area not at the bottom of the screen.

Al Capwned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you would write your own VN...

Post by Samuraiter on 2012-03-18, 15:27

*thinks*

If I had all of the hours of free time required to invest in a complete project, I might take a different route and do a by-the-book bishôjo game set at a university, but featuring a True Love-style system of stats that determines the actions of the main character. (Can you guess the game that originally got me into VNs? Haha.) Study, and you can become a top student. Get involved in intramural sports, and you can be the athlete. Become a member of the anime / manga club, and you can try your hand at the otaku lifestyle. Party hearty, and you can – you get the idea. Each route can represent a different girl you can date, and the appeal of this, for me, would be trying to give the relationships the same depth and realism I experienced while playing KS. Traditional, perhaps, but I have a soft spot for old standards done well. (I also think it would be cool to do a "Girl's Side" version and have it be a neat otome game.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top