New Game Name!! :D

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Game Name!! :D

Post by TheDaftStudent on 2012-03-20, 00:04

Hello everyone out there in Internet Land! This is TheDaftStudent ( just call me Daft ;3 ), from Somnova Studios! I'm here to announce a big ol' change to Mentaru Shoujo! Or, rather, I should probably say - a big ol' change to MISSING STARS. That's right boys and girls, we've gone and done it! The name has finally been settled on and now we can get down to the important stuffs! Like the color of the sky and grass... purple and pink, respectively. So, remember: Mentaru Shoujo is now officially called Missing Stars. I've updated the link here for the new IRC channel (here), so you should too!

We'll most likely be looking into getting new forums and everything! Very Happy New new new!

See ya guys around, and keep on the look out for updates!!

TheDaftStudent
Admin
Community Manager

View user profile https://twitter.com/#!/Crossingframes

Back to top Go down

Re: New Game Name!! :D

Post by Waytfm on 2012-03-20, 00:14

I'm glad a name finally got decided on. That's been going on forever. I whole-heartedly approve. It'll be nice to see it separate itself from Katawa Shoujo. I know you guys have gone out of your way to differentiate MS (The acronym still works! I love this name so much more now!) from KS, so it's good to see the name reflect that.

Last edited by Waytfm on 2012-03-20, 00:55; edited 1 time in total

-Soseki

SemiPolish wrote:"WTF is Voldemort doing with a freezy pop in his nose?"

Waytfm

Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarich on 2012-03-20, 00:36

Oo, nice shiny new name. Sounds good.

Of a newborn century? - Eppur Si Muove

Zarich

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ILY on 2012-03-20, 06:01

What's the meaning/reason behind the name? Very Happy

ILY

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/ILYfp/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasse on 2012-03-20, 06:43

Nice to see that the project has a proper name now. I pray for a titledrop beneath a starry sky at the very end of at least one route.

Brasse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastMelody on 2012-03-20, 07:22

ILY wrote:What's the meaning/reason behind the name? Very Happy
What's the meaning/reason behind the universe?

You'll probably get the same answer (NOT)

TheLastMelody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MDV on 2012-03-20, 08:51

Very early one, some devs voiced their concerns about the name 'Mentaru Shoujo', many of them didn't like the title. Mentaru Shoujo was just a working title proposed by Somnova's founder. This new name has been decided on by the dev team as a whole.

MDV
Admin
Medical Consultant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Genero6 on 2012-03-20, 10:23

MDV wrote:
Very early one, some devs voiced their concerns about the name 'Mentaru Shoujo', many of them didn't like the title. Mentaru Shoujo was just a working title proposed by Somnova's founder. This new name has been decided on by the dev team as a whole.
Any reason why they decided on this one though? My opinion is on hold, I don't particularly like it but that's because I don't see any meaning behind it. I'm sure the devs didn't pick it randomly though, even the barest promotional material can enough provide context for a title so it's not a problem that would exist for long, it would just be nice to know a bit more.

Genero6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kosherbacon on 2012-03-20, 10:33

Well, there IS meaningfulness to "Missing Stars," plus it can still be abbreviated to MS. However, the reasons particular devs supported it as a title vary by person, of course.

fun fact..:
We once had a pool of 65 possible titles to select from.

kosherbacon
Admin,
Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MDV on 2012-03-20, 10:37

Genero6 wrote:
MDV wrote:
Any reason why they decided on this one though? My opinion is on hold, I don't particularly like it but that's because I don't see any meaning behind it. I'm sure the devs didn't pick it randomly though, even the barest promotional material can enough provide context for a title so it's not a problem that would exist for long, it would just be nice to know a bit more.
We do have our reasons. I can only give you my personal reasons for trashing the working title mentaru shoujo though. This is what I said about the name Mentaru Shoujo on the dev boards when I opened the discussion about the name change a month or two ago:
1. It's too Japanese. There is nothing wrong with Japan, but the language of this novel is English, the story takes place in Europe, and unlike Katawa Shoujo, it's not based on a Japanese doujin. Why should we give it a Japanese/Engrish sounding title? Wouldn't something German or English be more fitting?
2. It sounds too much like Katawa Shoujo. It's pretty much the same title with one word switched. Being considered a Katawa Shoujo ripoff is a sad but likely way this novel will be viewed by the public, and having a similar name would only make that worse.

MDV
Admin
Medical Consultant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Immortal on 2012-03-20, 11:14

I was never much of a fan of the old title. It sounded too much like Katawa Shoujo. Missing Stars just sounds more original; it's nice.

Mr Immortal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastMelody on 2012-03-20, 11:50

To me, "Missing Stars" in this case means that this novel is about the girls, the "stars", who's not seen by society as "normal persons" therefore counted as "missing" from "the sky"(the society).

TheLastMelody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Genero6 on 2012-03-20, 12:06

MDV wrote:We do have our reasons. I can only give you my personal reasons for trashing the working title mentaru shoujo though. This is what I said about the name Mentaru Shoujo on the dev boards when I opened the discussion about the name change a month or two ago:
1. It's too Japanese. There is nothing wrong with Japan, but the language of this novel is English, the story takes place in Europe, and unlike Katawa Shoujo, it's not based on a Japanese doujin. Why should we give it a Japanese/Engrish sounding title? Wouldn't something German or English be more fitting?
2. It sounds too much like Katawa Shoujo. It's pretty much the same title with one word switched. Being considered a Katawa Shoujo ripoff is a sad but likely way this novel will be viewed by the public, and having a similar name would only make that worse.
Yeah, I assume most people wouldn't want the name "Mentaru Shoujo" to last. I've seen a lot of people bring up your second reason and fully agree, but the first was closer to my main worry. For this project to work it doesn't just need to take itself seriously, the player needs to take the game seriously, and those who don't have much experience with the medical matters won't have much reason to trust its accuracy when it screws around with language/setting like that.

Genero6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ILY on 2012-03-20, 12:19

MDV wrote:
wordswordswords

Alright, thanks for clearing that up!

ILY

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom on 2012-03-20, 12:39

So we can expect the game's logo to include star shaped holes now, can't we?

Awesome name. Can't wait to find out what it actually has to do with the story - I have a feeling it's going to be fantastic.

רק עוד כמה שנים ואני לגמרי אוכל להתחיל לעבוד על התרגום הזה.

Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by encrypted12345 on 2012-03-20, 13:18

Gloom wrote:So we can expect the game's logo to include star shaped holes now, can't we?
That'll be an interesting logo. The name change is also interesting though. I get the feeling that it'll be significant to the story somehow though I'll refrain from speculating until the game is released a few years from now.

It's nice to see this VN developing slowly but surely. I have a habit of not keeping my hopes too high up though, so I'll appreciate Missing Stars for what it is when it comes out. It'll definitely be an interesting tale.

encrypted12345

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy on 2012-03-20, 14:53

There is another vaguely-related reason for the title Missing Stars, but it concerns story information that hasn't been released yet.

Merlyn_LeRoy
Admin
Programmer

View user profile http://www.firesigntheatre.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ILY on 2012-03-20, 15:02

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:There is another vaguely-related reason for the title Missing Stars, but it concerns story information that hasn't been released yet.

Ah! This is the kind of answer I was after.

ILY

Back to top Go down

Post by Arivien on 2012-03-20, 23:45

Congrats on the name change, I think it's great.
Maybe people will finally stop calling this a KS cash-in, even when it's free.

Arivien

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malkav on 2012-03-21, 00:44

Heheheh ^_^ I already have some thoughts regarding the name's wordplay and purpose. I personally find it quite cute and curious.

If everyone just learned to keep silent, we'd break open the summit and climb the Ivy into the land of accidental Tokarev explosions and the Child of all Creation. Aim for the day when we become mere worms as colorful as we are indecent. Is the kindness of messing up the arrangement what we call arrogance?

Malkav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by God Wyges on 2012-03-21, 07:36

Finally the official name is revealed. ^^It is interesting and catchy, I am really interested in what does this name mean and how it ties with whole story. But I have a few thoughts on this. :>
But, to be honest, I liked the initial name a lot too, it was really fitting. In my opinion, name 'Mentaru Shoujo' was... Taboo-breaking, made people think about this society-wide problem when people tend to make fun out of mentally ill and/or crippled people and not to accept them in society. 'Katawa Shoujo' successfully managed to appeal to people's hearts. We can see from all the negative comments how our society is not open-minded and how people tend to shut their eyes when they face these topics and they throws lots of crap at people who are open-minded and have problem with mentally ill/cripples.
Whatever, you will achieve this with your ideas and whole plot. I fully understand that you want to differentiate yourselves from 'Katawa Shoujo' and you have my support for your new name. Do your best, developers, and do not let all this negativity on the Internet to discourage you. Smile

God Wyges

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Solipsistic-MeatBag on 2012-03-21, 17:08

God Wyges wrote: Finally the official name is revealed. ^^It is interesting and catchy, I am really interested in what does this name mean and how it ties with whole story. But I have a few thoughts on this. :>
But, to be honest, I liked the initial name a lot too, it was really fitting. In my opinion, name 'Mentaru Shoujo' was... Taboo-breaking, made people think about this society-wide problem when people tend to make fun out of mentally ill and/or crippled people and not to accept them in society. 'Katawa Shoujo' successfully managed to appeal to people's hearts. We can see from all the negative comments how our society is not open-minded and how people tend to shut their eyes when they face these topics and they throws lots of crap at people who are open-minded and have problem with mentally ill/cripples.
Whatever, you will achieve this with your ideas and whole plot. I fully understand that you want to differentiate yourselves from 'Katawa Shoujo' and you have my support for your new name. Do your best, developers, and do not let all this negativity on the Internet to discourage you. Smile
I'm surprised by how negative the Japanese response to KS was. I expected them to be clever enough to tell that the shock-factor of the title was meant as an allegorical argument against the stigmatization of the physically impaired (or, that's what it appeared to be in my opinion). It'd probably be the same way here if it weren't for the name-change (though, the new name seems a tad random for my taste). So, what exactly is the meaning of this name (besides of course the rather ill-humored acronym)?

Solipsistic-MeatBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Genero6 on 2012-03-21, 18:05

Solipsistic-MeatBag wrote: I'm surprised by how negative the Japanese response to KS was. I expected them to be clever enough to tell that the shock-factor of the title was meant as an allegorical argument against the stigmatization of the physically impaired (or, that's what it appeared to be in my opinion).
They didn't mean anything with the title, and simply weren't so aware of how it sounded to the Japanese. The name "Katawa Shoujo" came from Raita's original page, and they kept it for the real game. By the time they were aware of the problem, it was too established to easily change, and they didn't really have anything better anyway. It might have been able to pass as intentional shock-factor in the west, but things aren't always the same in other languages, and Katawa was going a bit too far.

Genero6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by khaos4ng31 on 2012-03-21, 18:40

My guess on the title (from no other information other than the game revolves around mental disorders) was that stars is related to the stars one sees when one is knocked out. Those stars then relate to something like brain cells, and when they are "missing", one acts abnormal.

Just my 2 cents.

Glad to see that the name's no longer a ripoff of KS.

This massive monstrosity mirrors an exact match of mischief and magnified melancholy.
This monster manifests me.
And I am the angel that comes from the middle, only to unwillingly spread khaos, as destiny has determined.

khaos4ng31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Solipsistic-MeatBag on 2012-03-21, 21:27

Genero6 wrote:
Solipsistic-MeatBag wrote: I'm surprised by how negative the Japanese response to KS was. I expected them to be clever enough to tell that the shock-factor of the title was meant as an allegorical argument against the stigmatization of the physically impaired (or, that's what it appeared to be in my opinion).
They didn't mean anything with the title, and simply weren't so aware of how it sounded to the Japanese. The name "Katawa Shoujo" came from Raita's original page, and they kept it for the real game. By the time they were aware of the problem, it was too established to easily change, and they didn't really have anything better anyway. It might have been able to pass as intentional shock-factor in the west, but things aren't always the same in other languages, and Katawa was going a bit too far.
Perhaps social-commentary was Raita's intent then? Whatever the original message was (perhaps there wasn't one), it's all speculation anyways. It could only pass as shock factor in the west among a very small group (bilingual denizens of the web, to be specific), so that would have defeated the purpose. Raita was here before any of us, so if it was social-commentary, it was his doing. We don't really have a means of figuring out which is reality, so it might as well simultaneously be both. Kind of like Schrödinger's Cat in that sense.
khaos4ng31 wrote:My guess on the title (from no other information other than the game revolves around mental disorders) was that stars is related to the stars one sees when one is knocked out. Those stars then relate to something like brain cells, and when they are "missing", one acts abnormal.

Just my 2 cents.

Glad to see that the name's no longer a ripoff of KS.
Brain-cells are a rather poor example in this case, I doubt the cast of this VN will be made up of the borderline-retarded. However, as the fact that I treated it as an example should illustrate, I see that wasn't the message of your comment. I see the point you were attempting to make, and agree with the opinion expressed.

Solipsistic-MeatBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bradpara on 2012-03-22, 02:46

I think the name "Mentaru Shoujo" needed to go in the long run. For this to be successful, it needs to distance itself from KS and beacome its own thing.

bradpara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilDragon on 2012-03-22, 05:25

I very much like the new name. Great choice!

cheers

EvilDragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Exbo on 2012-03-22, 12:40

Very catchy!
It fits so well.

Exbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by God Wyges on 2012-03-22, 13:36

Solipsistic-MeatBag wrote:
God Wyges wrote: Finally the official name is revealed. ^^It is interesting and catchy, I am really interested in what does this name mean and how it ties with whole story. But I have a few thoughts on this. :>
I'm surprised by how negative the Japanese response to KS was. I expected them to be clever enough to tell that the shock-factor of the title was meant as an allegorical argument against the stigmatization of the physically impaired (or, that's what it appeared to be in my opinion). It'd probably be the same way here if it weren't for the name-change (though, the new name seems a tad random for my taste). So, what exactly is the meaning of this name (besides of course the rather ill-humored acronym)?
I'm not too surprised, because I'm used to it. Where I live people, who are even a tiny bit different, (mentally ill/physically impaired) are left out of society. Especially kids are very harsh for them, they don't let the chance slip away to make fun out of others.

The name for me too seems a bit random now, but, as the developers said, it should tie with whole story, so we will have to wait to find out the meaning behind this name. I hope that we will not have to wait 5 years. Very Happy

God Wyges

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Solipsistic-MeatBag on 2012-03-22, 19:54

God Wyges wrote:
I'm not too surprised, because I'm used to it. Where I live people, who are even a tiny bit different, (mentally ill/physically impaired) are left out of society. Especially kids are very harsh for them, they don't let the chance slip away to make fun out of others.

The name for me too seems a bit random now, but, as the developers said, it should tie with whole story, so we will have to wait to find out the meaning behind this name. I hope that we will not have to wait 5 years. Very Happy
Gotta love how humanity has evolved. At one point, it was necessary to maintain a sense of tribalistic conformity (AKA: systematically alienating of all those who look/act even SLIGHTLY outside of the status-quo) in order to survive, these days, that has passed. Seriously, we should have cut that shit out back in the Neolithic period. As George Carlin put it; we're still operating out of the lower brain. The reptilian brain. Fight or flight. Kill or be killed. We like to think we've evolved and advanced because we can build a computer, fly an airplane, travel underwater, we can write a sonnet, paint a painting, compose an opera. But you know something? We're barely out of the jungle on this planet. Barely out of the fucking jungle. What we are, is semi-civilized beasts, with baseball caps and automatic weapons. Wise man. Also, I agree on the randomness of the title. Sorry for preaching.

Solipsistic-MeatBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-03-22, 20:19

Solipsistic-MeatBag wrote:Gotta love how humanity has evolved. At one point, it was necessary to maintain a sense of tribalistic conformity (AKA: systematically alienating of all those who look/act even SLIGHTLY outside of the status-quo) in order to survive, these days, that has passed. Seriously, we should have cut that shit out back in the Neolithic period. As George Carlin put it; we're still operating out of the lower brain. The reptilian brain. Fight or flight. Kill or be killed. We like to think we've evolved and advanced because we can build a computer, fly an airplane, travel underwater, we can write a sonnet, paint a painting, compose an opera. But you know something? We're barely out of the jungle on this planet. Barely out of the fucking jungle. What we are, is semi-civilized beasts, with baseball caps and automatic weapons. Wise man. Also, I agree on the randomness of the title. Sorry for preaching.

That's probably one of the best ways I've ever heard that phrased. I like to think that, when it comes to individuals, there's some measure of civility; but as for humanity on the whole, we certainly are "barely out of the jungle."

-Soseki

Waytfm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Solipsistic-MeatBag on 2012-03-22, 22:10

Waytfm wrote:
Solipsistic-MeatBag wrote:Gotta love how humanity has evolved. At one point, it was necessary to maintain a sense of tribalistic conformity (AKA: systematically alienating of all those who look/act even SLIGHTLY outside of the status-quo) in order to survive, these days, that has passed. Seriously, we should have cut that shit out back in the Neolithic period. As George Carlin put it; we're still operating out of the lower brain. The reptilian brain. Fight or flight. Kill or be killed. We like to think we've evolved and advanced because we can build a computer, fly an airplane, travel underwater, we can write a sonnet, paint a painting, compose an opera. But you know something? We're barely out of the jungle on this planet. Barely out of the fucking jungle. What we are, is semi-civilized beasts, with baseball caps and automatic weapons. Wise man. Also, I agree on the randomness of the title. Sorry for preaching.

That's probably one of the best ways I've ever heard that phrased. I like to think that, when it comes to individuals, there's some measure of civility; but as for humanity on the whole, we certainly are "barely out of the jungle."
Indeed, the brutality of the group seems to have a nullifying factor on any feigned pleasantries.

Solipsistic-MeatBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastMelody on 2012-03-23, 07:31

Wait, how did a topic about a "name change" change into a philosophical one??

TheLastMelody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-03-23, 11:33

TheLastMelody wrote:Wait, how did a topic about a "name change" change into a philosophical one??

QUIET YOU!!! You know who else tried to crush philosophical debate? Hitler!

Aaaaaaand, Godwin'd

-Soseki

Waytfm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilDragon on 2012-03-23, 12:37

TheLastMelody wrote:Wait, how did a topic about a "name change" change into a philosophical one??

That's what George Carlin's quotes tend to do. The man was a genius. RIP.

EvilDragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Exbo on 2012-03-23, 12:46

Well, at least we won't get much hate out of the name...
But who knows, people might take "Missing Stars" in a bad way. People are sensitive nowadays.

Exbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MDV on 2012-03-23, 12:51

Exbo wrote:Well, at least we won't get much hate out of the name...
But who knows, people might take "Missing Stars" in a bad way. People are sensitive nowadays.
How could someone possibly take "Missing Stars" in a bad way. Sure, overreact to many things nowadays, but missing stars? Having problems with that would be a whole new level of being chronically offended Laughing.

MDV
Admin
Medical Consultant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by God Wyges on 2012-03-23, 13:41

Spoiler:
Waytfm wrote:
God Wyges wrote:

Gotta love how humanity has evolved. At one point, it was necessary to maintain a sense of tribalistic conformity (AKA: systematically alienating of all those who look/act even SLIGHTLY outside of the status-quo) in order to survive, these days, that has passed. Seriously, we should have cut that shit out back in the Neolithic period. As George Carlin put it; we're still operating out of the lower brain. The reptilian brain. Fight or flight. Kill or be killed. We like to think we've evolved and advanced because we can build a computer, fly an airplane, travel underwater, we can write a sonnet, paint a painting, compose an opera. But you know something? We're barely out of the jungle on this planet. Barely out of the fucking jungle. What we are, is semi-civilized beasts, with baseball caps and automatic weapons. Wise man. Also, I agree on the randomness of the title. Sorry for preaching.
Indeed, the brutality of the group seems to have a nullifying factor on any feigned pleasantries.

You probably cannot imagine how much I envy you for being so fluent in English, you can convey your mind very clearly and you have a very rich vocabulary, while when I write I'm cracking my head to be atleast understood. Very Happy And yeah, I'm quite fluent in English, compared with all lithuanians. I feel dumb. Very Happy

*takes out his notebook and writes down some nice expressions used in Solipsistic-MeatBag's posts*

MDV wrote:
How could someone possibly take "Missing Stars" in a bad way. Sure, overreact to many things nowadays, but missing stars? Having problems with that would be a whole new level of being chronically offended Laughing.

I can already imagine something like "Eeeeew, by naming this eroge 'Missing Stars' they probably had in their minds that the girls in their eroge are missing some screws in their heads. What a gross name!" when MS will be more known.

You know, it will receive the same crap 'Katawa Shoujo' did. Very Happy

Last edited by God Wyges on 2012-03-23, 15:52; edited 1 time in total

God Wyges

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Exbo on 2012-03-23, 15:29

MDV wrote:

I can already imagine something like "Eeeeew, by naming this eroge 'Missing Stars' they probably had in their minds that the girls in their ergoe are missing some screws in their heads. What a gross name!" when MS will be more known.

You know, it will receive the same crap 'Katawa Shoujo' did. Very Happy

You took the words out of my mouth. XD

Exbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-03-23, 18:09

I think everybody understood that from the get-go though.

-Soseki

Waytfm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Solipsistic-MeatBag on 2012-03-23, 19:02

God Wyges wrote:
Spoiler:
Waytfm wrote:
God Wyges wrote:

You probably cannot imagine how much I envy you for being so fluent in English, you can convey your mind very clearly and you have a very rich vocabulary, while when I write I'm cracking my head to be atleast understood. Very Happy And yeah, I'm quite fluent in English, compared with all lithuanians. I feel dumb. Very Happy

*takes out his notebook and writes down some nice expressions used in Solipsistic-MeatBag's posts*
Bit of self-deprecation there? You don't sound that bad. Sorry for making you feel ignorant by waxing philosophic.

Solipsistic-MeatBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HeDanny on 2012-03-24, 03:29

That reminds me of a "car game" me and mine have played often over the years. Take well known quotes and stuff, and reconstruct them to be overly verbose. Say the same thing (or create as close to the original intent as possible) but as wordy as possible, preferably using elaborate and multi-syllable ("Five Dollar") words.

"I regret I am unable to acquiesce to your request, Dave"
- H.A.L. 2001: a Space Odyssey

"An individual of unidentified personage lobbies for entrance to our residence"
- Crazy girl. "American Gothic"

"Singular numerical Value, Double Numerical Value, Freddy is Traversing the distance between his current location to yours."
- Child's Nursery Rhyme. A nightmare on Elm Street.

"I suggest you discontinue to persue avenues of activity that would eventuate in my mental state being accellerated towards one of enragement. I offer the warning that you would be extremely displeased with the result of my state of being eventuating in one of extreme aggression."
- David Banner. The Incredible Hulk.

"Do not possess a Bovine, human male."
- Bart Simpson

"I proceed in an activity that surpasses the value of any activity I have completed previously"
A tale of Two Cities.

"Instead of a crucifix, and albatross, around my neck, resided." - The Anchient Mariner. Rhyme of the Anchient Mariner.

"Initiate a line of contact to my planet of Origin"
- E.T. E.T. the Extraterrestrial

"Remove yourself from such close proximity to her, you Female Canine"
- Ripley, Aliens.

"I am as enraged as the biblical underworld, and refuse to accept the status Quo progressing towards the future!"
- Network.

"There is no outpouring on negative emotion resulting in water being produced from tear ducts in baseball!!"
- A league of their Own

"If you initiate its manufacture, they will venture to arrive"
- Field of Dreams

School Spirit - the Web Comic

HeDanny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasse on 2012-03-24, 03:43

This fad shares the same general idea. Having and utilizing a wide vocabulary is still, of course, a virtue. Admittedly, I find myself guilty of colouring my prose a tad bit too purple.

Brasse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilDragon on 2012-03-24, 10:38

HeDanny wrote:"Do not possess a Bovine, human male."
- Bart Simpson

I ROTFL'd hard. Laughing

EvilDragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom on 2012-03-24, 14:52

"This one has no time for your solid waste excretions."

"Are you attempting to engage in reproductive intercourse with this one?"

"This one does not remember whether its weapon's heat-sink is at peak capacity. It wonders whether the criminal scum believes that fortune is on their side."

רק עוד כמה שנים ואני לגמרי אוכל להתחיל לעבוד על התרגום הזה.

Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Solipsistic-MeatBag on 2012-03-24, 17:42

Gloom wrote:

"This one has no time for your solid waste excretions."

"Are you attempting to engage in reproductive intercourse with this one?"

"This one does not remember whether its weapon's heat-sink is at peak capacity. It wonders whether the criminal scum believes that fortune is on their side."
Mass Effect references? Nice. Anyways, the thing is, I wasn't TRYING to sound like a Harvard English-major, I just did. I suppose it helped that I was being philosophical, but still.

Solipsistic-MeatBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Worthington on 2012-03-24, 21:28

I regret to inform the personae herein that the subject of the discourse situated within this particular digital communique is rapidly disembarking from the desired topic of conversation, due to an overabundance of sesquipedalian loquaciousness. I must ask you to either refrain from such topics of discourse, or I will have to resort to measures both drastic and unpleasant.

Worthington
Admin,
Writer

View user profile http://magnesiumninja.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Solipsistic-MeatBag on 2012-03-24, 22:40

Worthington wrote:I regret to inform the personae herein that the subject of the discourse situated within this particular digital communique is rapidly disembarking from the desired topic of conversation, due to an overabundance of sesquipedalian loquaciousness. I must ask you to either refrain from such topics of discourse, or I will have to resort to measures both drastic and unpleasant.
We're certainly not alone in that respect, but fine.

Solipsistic-MeatBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HeDanny on 2012-03-24, 23:20

Worthington wrote:I regret to inform the personae herein that the subject of the discourse situated within this particular digital communique is rapidly disembarking from the desired topic of conversation, due to an overabundance of sesquipedalian loquaciousness. I must ask you to either refrain from such topics of discourse, or I will have to resort to measures both drastic and unpleasant.
My bad. Probably should have kicked it to a new thread. Didn't think. OT is bad, mkay. Sorry for my part.

Soo.. how about that new name, eh?

School Spirit - the Web Comic

HeDanny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Solipsistic-MeatBag on 2012-03-24, 23:26

HeDanny wrote:
My bad. Probably should have kicked it to a new thread. Didn't think. OT is bad, mkay. Sorry for my part.

Soo.. how about that new name, eh?
For the last time, the acronym makes you sound like a bunch of assholes, and the name as a whole is random as hell. Satisfied?

Solipsistic-MeatBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top