New Game Name!! :D

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Game Name!! :D

Post by khaos4ng31 on 2012-03-25, 13:41

Solipsistic-MeatBag wrote:...the name as a whole is random as hell.

It's probably a Chekhov's gun, making us confused as hell in the beginning and only at the middle-end we'll be able to go "Ohhhh so THAT'S what they meant by Missing Stars."

This massive monstrosity mirrors an exact match of mischief and magnified melancholy.
This monster manifests me.
And I am the angel that comes from the middle, only to unwillingly spread khaos, as destiny has determined.
khaos4ng31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Immortal on 2012-03-25, 14:12

khaos4ng31 wrote:

It's probably a Chekhov's gun, making us confused as hell in the beginning and only at the middle-end we'll be able to go "Ohhhh so THAT'S what they meant by Missing Stars."

It'll then turn out to be something obscure, like a book featured in the visual novel, or a type of ice cream.

Mr Immortal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kosherbacon on 2012-03-25, 14:22

Mr Immortal wrote:
It'll then turn out to be something obscure, like a book featured in the visual novel, or a type of ice cream.

Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by God Wyges on 2012-03-25, 14:32

Solipsistic-MeatBag wrote:
God Wyges wrote:
Spoiler:
Waytfm wrote:
God Wyges wrote:
God Wyges wrote: Finally the official name is revealed. ^^It is interesting and catchy, I am really interested in what does this name mean and how it ties with whole story. But I have a few thoughts on this. :>
But, to be honest, I liked the initial name a lot too, it was really fitting. In my opinion, name 'Mentaru Shoujo' was... Taboo-breaking, made people think about this society-wide problem when people tend to make fun out of mentally ill and/or crippled people and not to accept them in society. 'Katawa Shoujo' successfully managed to appeal to people's hearts. We can see from all the negative comments how our society is not open-minded and how people tend to shut their eyes when they face these topics and they throws lots of crap at people who are open-minded and have problem with mentally ill/cripples.
Whatever, you will achieve this with your ideas and whole plot. I fully understand that you want to differentiate yourselves from 'Katawa Shoujo' and you have my support for your new name. Do your best, developers, and do not let all this negativity on the Internet to discourage you. Smile
I'm surprised by how negative the Japanese response to KS was. I expected them to be clever enough to tell that the shock-factor of the title was meant as an allegorical argument against the stigmatization of the physically impaired (or, that's what it appeared to be in my opinion). It'd probably be the same way here if it weren't for the name-change (though, the new name seems a tad random for my taste). So, what exactly is the meaning of this name (besides of course the rather ill-humored acronym)?
I'm not too surprised, because I'm used to it. Where I live people, who are even a tiny bit different, (mentally ill/physically impaired) are left out of society. Especially kids are very harsh for them, they don't let the chance slip away to make fun out of others.

The name for me too seems a bit random now, but, as the developers said, it should tie with whole story, so we will have to wait to find out the meaning behind this name. I hope that we will not have to wait 5 years. Very Happy
Gotta love how humanity has evolved. At one point, it was necessary to maintain a sense of tribalistic conformity (AKA: systematically alienating of all those who look/act even SLIGHTLY outside of the status-quo) in order to survive, these days, that has passed. Seriously, we should have cut that shit out back in the Neolithic period. As George Carlin put it; we're still operating out of the lower brain. The reptilian brain. Fight or flight. Kill or be killed. We like to think we've evolved and advanced because we can build a computer, fly an airplane, travel underwater, we can write a sonnet, paint a painting, compose an opera. But you know something? We're barely out of the jungle on this planet. Barely out of the fucking jungle. What we are, is semi-civilized beasts, with baseball caps and automatic weapons. Wise man. Also, I agree on the randomness of the title. Sorry for preaching.
Gotta love how humanity has evolved. At one point, it was necessary to maintain a sense of tribalistic conformity (AKA: systematically alienating of all those who look/act even SLIGHTLY outside of the status-quo) in order to survive, these days, that has passed. Seriously, we should have cut that shit out back in the Neolithic period. As George Carlin put it; we're still operating out of the lower brain. The reptilian brain. Fight or flight. Kill or be killed. We like to think we've evolved and advanced because we can build a computer, fly an airplane, travel underwater, we can write a sonnet, paint a painting, compose an opera. But you know something? We're barely out of the jungle on this planet. Barely out of the fucking jungle. What we are, is semi-civilized beasts, with baseball caps and automatic weapons. Wise man. Also, I agree on the randomness of the title. Sorry for preaching.
That's probably one of the best ways I've ever heard that phrased. I like to think that, when it comes to individuals, there's some measure of civility; but as for humanity on the whole, we certainly are "barely out of the jungle."
Indeed, the brutality of the group seems to have a nullifying factor on any feigned pleasantries.

You probably cannot imagine how much I envy you for being so fluent in English, you can convey your mind very clearly and you have a very rich vocabulary, while when I write I'm cracking my head to be atleast understood. Very Happy And yeah, I'm quite fluent in English, compared with all lithuanians. I feel dumb. Very Happy

*takes out his notebook and writes down some nice expressions used in Solipsistic-MeatBag's posts*
Bit of self-deprecation there? You don't sound that bad. Sorry for making you feel ignorant by waxing philosophic.

Amm... When I said that I envy you, that meant to be a praise, I did not think that you will take that in a bad way. :s I really envy people who are fluent in whatever language. I strive to be fluent not only in Lithuanian, but in Enghlish and French too, maybe in Japanese too someday. So yeah, that was a praise and you should take it like a praise. Smile

Actually, my State Exams are nearing and the topic i chose for my Speaking Part of Lithuanian Language Exam is "Can we say that rich vocabulary indicates that a person is well educated and cultured (I hope that's the correct word, lol)" and I have to use some publicized texts to proove that statement. This topic is harder than others, but I wanted to speak on an interesting and meaningful topic rather on a dull one. Razz

HeDanny wrote:
Worthington wrote:I regret to inform the personae herein that the subject of the discourse situated within this particular digital communique is rapidly disembarking from the desired topic of conversation, due to an overabundance of sesquipedalian loquaciousness. I must ask you to either refrain from such topics of discourse, or I will have to resort to measures both drastic and unpleasant.
My bad. Probably should have kicked it to a new thread. Didn't think. OT is bad, mkay. Sorry for my part.

Soo.. how about that new name, eh?
For the last time, the acronym makes you sound like a bunch of assholes, and the name as a whole is random as hell. Satisfied?

Yeah, that was a bit off-topic, but, in my opinion, debates like that liven up the forum. :>

To stay on topic - We are waiting for in-depth explanations for the title in future, devs! Very Happy

Last edited by God Wyges on 2012-03-25, 15:04; edited 4 times in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kosherbacon on 2012-03-25, 15:00

I was about to edit some of the nested quotes out of that last post, but I can't tell what's what. Shocked

Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by God Wyges on 2012-03-25, 15:05

kosherbacon wrote:I was about to edit some of the nested quotes out of that last post, but I can't tell what's what. Shocked
I was about to do that too, but THAT was weird. Very Happy Let's leave it like this.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kosherbacon on 2012-03-25, 15:08

Saved for posterity.

Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Solipsistic-MeatBag on 2012-03-25, 18:08

khaos4ng31 wrote:

Yeah, REAL original. I kind of hope they didn't stoop to this, it's the sort of thing you see in fanfiction (not that there's anything particularly wrong with SOME fanfic).
Solipsistic-MeatBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malkav on 2012-03-25, 18:35

khaos4ng31 wrote:

Yeah, REAL original. I kind of hope they didn't stoop to this, it's the sort of thing you see in fanfiction (not that there's anything particularly wrong with SOME fanfic).

If everyone just learned to keep silent, we'd break open the summit and climb the Ivy into the land of accidental Tokarev explosions and the Child of all Creation. Aim for the day when we become mere worms as colorful as we are indecent. Is the kindness of messing up the arrangement what we call arrogance?
Malkav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Waytfm on 2012-03-25, 21:18

I don't see the problem with Chekhov's gun. At least not with the title. As long as the writing and everything is good, I don't care if they call it "Human Centipede: The Musical"

A rose by any other name and all that...

-Soseki

SemiPolish wrote:"WTF is Voldemort doing with a freezy pop in his nose?"
Waytfm

Location : Electric Ladyland (or Arkansas. Those are the same thing, right?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leotrak on 2012-03-27, 05:20

Inquiring minds wish to know what other possibilities there were in that list of 65 possibilities :3

Or at least I want to know >_> Just for kicks, really ^_^

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by God Wyges on 2012-03-27, 09:13

Leotrak wrote:Inquiring minds wish to know what other possibilities there were in that list of 65 possibilities :3

Agreed, it would be interesting to see other titles that were considered. Smile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastMelody on 2012-03-27, 09:20

God Wyges wrote:
Leotrak wrote:Inquiring minds wish to know what other possibilities there were in that list of 65 possibilities :3

Agreed, it would be interesting to see other titles that were considered. Smile
Don't forget to add the interpretions and meanings behind the names, that would be awesome ^_^

TheLastMelody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kosherbacon on 2012-03-27, 23:48

Perhaps later. The last thing we need right now is to question our decision-making when all the fans say "YOU SHOULD HAVE NAMED IT BITCHES BE CRAZY INSTEAD!'

Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by imperial.standard on 2012-03-28, 00:42

kosherbacon wrote:Perhaps later. The last thing we need right now is to question our decision-making when all the fans say "YOU SHOULD HAVE NAMED IT BITCHES BE CRAZY INSTEAD!'

^ 100% agreed - we do NOT need to justify our name selection so early. We should discuss this during the production process later Smile

"With words like these, we DON'T CURE patients, we make them INCURABLE"

Saint Peter Canisius, S.J., on polemical attacks against John Calvin & Melanchton
imperial.standard
Admin
Artist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Solipsistic-MeatBag on 2012-03-28, 00:44

imperial.standard wrote:
kosherbacon wrote:Perhaps later. The last thing we need right now is to question our decision-making when all the fans say "YOU SHOULD HAVE NAMED IT BITCHES BE CRAZY INSTEAD!'

^ 100% agreed - we do NOT need to justify our name selection so early. We should discuss this during the production process later Smile
That seems fair.
Solipsistic-MeatBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by God Wyges on 2012-03-28, 02:22

imperial.standard wrote:

We're not ranting about the name, are we? Surprised Well, I know that I wasn't :>

And I'm okay with you not telling us your explanations, devs. Smile

But... How about you give us some nice pictures og Katja and Lena? I can't get out that picture where Katja is puuting a sock on her leg out of my head...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastMelody on 2012-03-28, 03:37

imperial.standard wrote:

I'm sorry if you thought I was picking on the name, I am merely curious, and I do respect every decision you make, as it is not in my place to question anything about them.
God Wyges wrote:
imperial.standard wrote:

We're not ranting about the name, are we? Surprised Well, I know that I wasn't :>

And I'm okay with you not telling us your explanations, devs. Smile

But... How about you give us some nice pictures og Katja and Lena? I can't get out that picture where Katja is puuting a sock on her leg out of my head...
I'm not, I really want to know, just so I can get a little better picture on the devs minds Twisted Evil

TheLastMelody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokey on 2012-03-28, 04:09

Yeeahh...you don't want, nor need, that.

Smokey
Admin
Editor
jak oph al hsrāds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastMelody on 2012-03-28, 09:19

Smokey wrote:Yeeahh...you don't want, nor need, that.
Yes I do want, but you are right, I don't NEED that, but I really want to, just for fun ^_^ (I think)

TheLastMelody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by God Wyges on 2012-03-28, 14:20

TheLastMelody wrote:
Smokey wrote:Yeeahh...you don't want, nor need, that.
Yes I do want, but you are right, I don't NEED that, but I really want to, just for fun ^_^ (I think)
Whaaaaaat don't you have enough patience to wait for 5 years to find out the meaning behind this title? Razz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top