Look at the KS TVTropes Page

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Look at the KS TVTropes Page

Post by bradpara on 2012-03-22, 18:49

Just now made an edit mentioning this porject on its main page. It's not much but if you want to see it: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VisualNovel/KatawaShoujo?from=Main.KatawaShoujo

bradpara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Look at the KS TVTropes Page

Post by Exbo on 2012-03-22, 19:04

I would say it doesn't fit well, but that's up to the Devs, and not me.

Exbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by God Wyges on 2012-03-22, 19:11

'Pyschological/Nerologial Disorders'

Really? Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kosherbacon on 2012-03-22, 19:20

In all fairness, there are other VN projects out there worth mention that are/were spiritual successors at some point, like LoveDespite and Eisei.

Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Solipsistic-MeatBag on 2012-03-22, 19:35

God Wyges wrote:'Pyschological/Nerologial Disorders'

Really? Very Happy
"Nerological"? Like "The Matrix"?
Solipsistic-MeatBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamadyne on 2012-03-22, 19:56

kosherbacon wrote:In all fairness, there are other VN projects out there worth mention that are/were spiritual successors at some point, like LoveDespite and Eisei.

I agree. There should be mention of the other projects; they've been just as inspired by KS as we have!

Hamadyne
Admin,
Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kosherbacon on 2012-03-22, 19:58

And I don't mean to mention the others to imply being a spiritual successor is a bad thing. Everyone deserves all the exposure they can get. Cool

Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bradpara on 2012-03-23, 00:22

Hamadyne wrote:
kosherbacon wrote:In all fairness, there are other VN projects out there worth mention that are/were spiritual successors at some point, like LoveDespite and Eisei.

I agree. There should be mention of the other projects; they've been just as inspired by KS as we have!

Didn't mean it as a snub, I am just not as familar with them. (I only learned about this a few days ago.)

bradpara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VacuityMechanica on 2012-03-23, 03:53

tvtropes

Well, there's my afternoon gone.

VacuityMechanica
Admin
Editor

View user profile http://vacuitymechanica.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MDV on 2012-03-23, 06:26

You're free to post it. However, I think that it would be better to make an own page for Missing Star. This way it looks like a scream for attention from KS readers.

MDV
Admin
Medical Consultant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamadyne on 2012-03-23, 13:53

VacuityMechanica wrote:
tvtropes

Well, there's my afternoon gone.

HURRR READING ALL THE TROPES

Hamadyne
Admin,
Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by splitInfinitive on 2012-03-25, 22:33

Really? Very Happy

Is this a confirmation that dyslexia will make an appearance? Wink

Just asking as a dyslexic who didn't even catch that on first read.
splitInfinitive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by God Wyges on 2012-03-26, 09:34

splitInfinitive wrote:

Really? Very Happy

Is this a confirmation that dyslexia will make an appearance? Wink

Just asking as a dyslexic who didn't even catch that on first read.

Well, I have always been taught that you should sheck your spelling for mistakes after you write something. Especially if you write somewhere where lots of people might read what you wrote and not to mention that bad writing might make a bad impression about something. And we all want Missing Stars to make a good impression to everyone, don't we? :>

And at that time I thought that it was funny. Very Happy

And I really didn't want to offend someone, sorry. *Hides his face*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Immortal on 2012-03-26, 12:30

MDV wrote:You're free to post it. However, I think that it would be better to make an own page for Missing Star. This way it looks like a scream for attention from KS readers.

Mostly agree with this, there's even a few things that could be put on said page now, what with the girls being officially announced and all.

Mr Immortal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MDV on 2012-03-26, 12:33

Mr Immortal wrote:
MDV wrote:You're free to post it. However, I think that it would be better to make an own page for Missing Star. This way it looks like a scream for attention from KS readers.

Mostly agree with this, there's even a few things that could be put on said page now, what with the girls being officially announced and all.
Yeah, not much though. But go ahead if you want to do it Smile.

MDV
Admin
Medical Consultant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by splitInfinitive on 2012-03-26, 14:05

God Wyges wrote:And I really didn't want to offend someone, sorry. *Hides his face*

I wasn't offended, I was trying to crack another joke. Very Happy I'm a closet grammar Nazi, because if I left the closet I'd be hypocritical as a dyslexic who regularly makes typos and misses them even after several proofreads. It's funnier when I jumble words while talking. Sometimes I only realize I jumbled the words and said total nonsense after I get blank stares.
splitInfinitive

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by God Wyges on 2012-03-26, 16:33

splitInfinitive wrote:
God Wyges wrote:And I really didn't want to offend someone, sorry. *Hides his face*

I wasn't offended, I was trying to crack another joke. Very Happy I'm a closet grammar Nazi, because if I left the closet I'd be hypocritical as a dyslexic who regularly makes typos and misses them even after several proofreads. It's funnier when I jumble words while talking. Sometimes I only realize I jumbled the words and said total nonsense after I get blank stares.
I have a a little bit similar problem. I tend to speak very fast sometimes and I either say something incomprehensible or I leave out some words from my sentences. Same goes with writing. I think that's because somehow I think really fast and I want to talk very fast too, and this makes me sound stupid when I open my mouth. Very Happy But I cope somehow. Now I speak slowly because of sheer will to stop myself from starting speaking faster. Unless I get excited, then I forget about everything anditgoeslikethiseverytime. :>
And yeah, I'm a grammar Nazi too, but it's hard to be a grammar Nazi of English language, when you're not english. Mad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MDV on 2012-03-26, 16:46

Not completely Wyges. Native speakers of English don't seem to understand the difference between 'their', 'they're' and 'there' for some reason.

MDV
Admin
Medical Consultant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by God Wyges on 2012-03-26, 16:56

MDV wrote:Not completely Wyges. Native speakers of English don't seem to understand the difference between 'their', 'they're' and 'there' for some reason.
Yeah, I have noticed that too. And it's interesting why this 'problem' occurs and why it is on such a large scale.
I'm glad that my teachers explained this part to me well. ^^

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Genero6 on 2012-03-26, 17:40

I confess that I might sometimes type the wrong their/there if I'm in a hurry and not thinking, but it's rare to not catch it and I try not to type without thinking anyway. Incorrect use of "they're" though? That's just stupid. Then again, all poor language from native English speakers seems to be just plain stupid, whereas foreigners tend to make more specific and identifiable mistakes. After all these years on the internet, the best English speakers have usually been foreigners, guess you all just learn how to speak the language right rather than never opening a textbook and simply letting the vaguely English-sounding crap flow forth.

Genero6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malkav on 2012-03-26, 17:42

God Wyges wrote:
MDV wrote:Not completely Wyges. Native speakers of English don't seem to understand the difference between 'their', 'they're' and 'there' for some reason.
Yeah, I have noticed that too. And it's interesting why this 'problem' occurs and why it is on such a large scale.

Other developed countries have their students learn multiple languages.

Here in America, we're lucky if our kids bother to fully master even one ._.;

To the credit of some, though, our education systems have the nasty habit of suddenly changing when change wasn't truly needed (i.e. the 1995 "war on phonics" in North Carolina).

If everyone just learned to keep silent, we'd break open the summit and climb the Ivy into the land of accidental Tokarev explosions and the Child of all Creation. Aim for the day when we become mere worms as colorful as we are indecent. Is the kindness of messing up the arrangement what we call arrogance?
Malkav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokey on 2012-03-26, 17:49

Malkav wrote:fully master even one ._.;
I wouldn't even consider the majority 'mastering' it, but more of simply using it without knowing how it fully works.

Smokey
Admin
Editor
jak oph al hsrāds

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Genero6 on 2012-03-26, 17:54

Nobody expects everybody to master a language, but we'd settle for decently formed sentences and an understanding of why language skills are important to communication. Oh, and knowing why "I could care less" makes no sense. Seeing Americans try to justify that makes me die a little inside.

Genero6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by God Wyges on 2012-03-26, 18:00

Malkav wrote:
God Wyges wrote:

Other developed countries have their students learn multiple languages.

Here in America, we're lucky if our kids bother to fully master even one ._.;

To the credit of some, though, our education systems have the nasty habit of suddenly changing when change wasn't truly needed (i.e. the 1995 "war on phonics" in North Carolina).
In Lithuania we start to learn our first foreign language (usually English, though sometimes it's German or French too) in 2nd grade and in 6th grade we start learning second foreign language (Usualy French, German or Russian). Most of kids never learn even one of them to speak freely enough, but they atleast understand something. I speak English quite fluently (well, I hope so) and while I understand French quite well, I can't speak very well, I lack of vocabulary. Sad
All in all, I think that learning foreign languages is a must. I do not want to offend anyone, but Americans are quite ignorant about their educational system. Seriously, there are Americans, who think that Soviet Union still exists, that Iraq - where lots of USA soldiers are stationed - is in Australia. Yes, Australia. Very Happy I don't say that all Americans are dumb, there are lots of really smart Americans (we have some here too), but most of them are ignorant and that makes them look dumb. :s And I'll keep to myself what's the stereotype of typical American in Lithuania. Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Genero6 on 2012-03-26, 18:17

To be fair, it really requires exposure to learn a language. Even experience with a second language can help you understand the differences and learn a third. Much of the world hears English through international culture, and you'll see and hear a bit from neighbouring countries too. If you're in a country that already speaks English, doesn't have much of a cultural connection with another language, and isn't bordering a foreign culture (the USA is a big place, but some parts do apparently have a decent level of Spanish understanding), it's not so easy to pick up a foreign language.
They try to teach kids foreign languages in Australia, but most people just forget it all the moment the education stops. I'd like to think we're not considered as stupid as the dumber American stereotypes, and the people I knew certainly weren't, but the education system simply cannot teach a language that people don't have a reason to use, and giving people a reason to use it goes far beyond the education system.

Genero6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kosherbacon on 2012-03-26, 21:43

So, how 'bout that trope page, guys?

Spoiler:
In other words, try getting back on topic.

Writer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by scopedknife on 2012-03-27, 00:47

Oh thanks guys. That's 7 hours of my life I'm not getting back -.-"
TVTropes strikes again ¬¬

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content